+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Could we even begin to compete with what he is on at Preston? I doubt it.
    Think the draw at Villa last night saved him from getting his jotters.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Alex Neil might be a shout. Preston struggling this season.
    He'd be brilliant but there's no way he'd come to us!

Quote Originally Posted by shedruleyabasx View Post
    If i were running the club. I would take down all these inspirational photos of winning things. We cant put pressure on the pure cherubs. Its not the winning but the taking part that counts. Kind regards, Paul Quinn
    Brilliant!

Anyone else (preferably with more reliable contacts than my taxi driver and bloke down pub) heard or confirm we have sounded st js out about possibly talking to wright? Prob guff but had a few mates text me. And no I am not itk one bit - just pish prob

Wright would be a great option if course, but I'd prefer Neilson overall, basically want manager that people will associate with us long term, who will try and build his own era here, he is at that right age and period in his career, dunno if Wright will have the same motivation he had a few years ago to do it all again at another club close by

However of the names mentioned that's the only two I'd be delighted with if unveiled as next manager

Billy McKinlay getting backing from Jim McInally.

Possibly our Steve Clarke-esque appointment?

I reckon Ellis is the most likely to get the job tbh. Cost. And probably get an experienced assistant in.

John Robertson getting mentioned the radio today, he's the form manager of the last year, a non starter though with compo the stumbling block.

Neilson or Ellis will be the 2 favs with no money to pay out to anyone.

Ellis would be a joke appointment imo, an assistant to two failed managers, doesn't instill confidence for the long term

Mckinlay way too risky, not really done a good job as a manager in his own right, hardly a Steve Clarke type, very good player and on of my favs as a kid but has disaster written all over it

Absolutely spot on. No disrespect to Ellis, but he's been the assistant to 1 very poor manager and 1 utter disaster. Why would we risk appointing him when a guy like Neilson is freely available? Really hate the idea of putting him in charge for a couple of games to see how it goes. That's how we ended up with Chisholm after McCall's dreadful reign.
    Mckinlay would I agree be far too risky.
    Unless Tommy Wright is a serious option, we should be snapping up Neilson right now, before the fun get gubbed on Saturday and sack Jackie's mate.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ellis would be a joke appointment imo, an assistant to two failed managers, doesn't instill confidence for the long term

Mckinlay way too risky, not really done a good job as a manager in his own right, hardly a Steve Clarke type, very good player and on of my favs as a kid but has disaster written all over it
    By Steve Clarke-esque, I mean coached at high level, which Badger has.

Clarke didn't have a particularly impressive managerial career either before going to Killie and applying what he learned coaching at a high level.

Worth an interview imo.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)