+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ellis would be a joke appointment imo, an assistant to two failed managers, doesn't instill confidence for the long term

Mckinlay way too risky, not really done a good job as a manager in his own right, hardly a Steve Clarke type, very good player and on of my favs as a kid but has disaster written all over it
    Spot on regarding Ellis,if only you were on the BOD to tell them though.I cannot trust the chairman or the rest of the directors to make the right appointment because they allowed Shabba to bring in a whole squad when 99% of the support knew it was madness.

The board are out of their depth and need external help with making the right choice.

Last season after losing to Livi the board very quickly announced that there would be no management changes , a budget was spent on signing new players, this was followed by getting knocked out of the Scottish League Cup in the first round, followed by shocking results and finally the disaster of last week's humiliation.

The board need to reach out for assistance as they don't have the experience in dealing with this - perhaps they have already had some external help, it would make good business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Spot on regarding Ellis,if only you were on the BOD to tell them though.I cannot trust the chairman or the rest of the directors to make the right appointment because they allowed Shabba to bring in a whole squad when 99% of the support knew it was madness.
    Are the board thinking more about the money side rather than the football side.

Sacked Csaba, big payoff?

Find a reputable manager, big payout.

Appoint Ellis, dangle a small carrot with incremental pay awards. Nothing to see here!

Still have a fear that the BOD will replace one clown in csaba with another clown in Yogi Hughes. Thinking about it makes me need a jobby.

I think that, if they were offered, Neilson & McIntyre would jump at it.

Stubbs & Hughes are way out the conversation right now. Damaged.

That leaves names like Houston, Pressley, D.Lennon, Butcher etc. Uninspiring.

It’d be (unless a name comes from left field) Neilson for me.

I would say Tommy Wright. But he won’t come free so forget that.

I think it should be borne in mind that managers that appear to be unemployed may actually be on gardening leave and any job they get will end that. The long and the short of this is a manager that appears available may actually not be.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ellis would be a joke appointment imo, an assistant to two failed managers, doesn't instill confidence for the long term

Mckinlay way too risky, not really done a good job as a manager in his own right, hardly a Steve Clarke type, very good player and on of my favs as a kid but has disaster written all over it
    Agree, this would be an accident waiting to happen, and as soon as a bad patch was encountered, him and the board would be slaughtered.

The club has to get this right, and track record would not be too complimentary in this respect, so should they seek assistance from someone with correct credentials to carry out the selection/interview process? a Craig Levein type of person

At our level it's a lottery no matter who helps choose a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it should be borne in mind that managers that appear to be unemployed may actually be on gardening leave and any job they get will end that. The long and the short of this is a manager that appears available may actually not be.
    If that’s the case it’s up to them to negotiate with their old club for the surplus between their old wage and new wage (if there is one) or make decision to forgo money owed from their previous employer to take up a new post.

FWIW this won’t be an issue with Neilson or McIntyre as the remaining time on their previous contracts is negligible as they’ve been out of work 9 and 12 months respectively.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)