+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Billy McKinlay keen according to Tully.

Does it really matter who is appointed there will be fans that are negative about it. F@#k me sir Alex Ferguson,Mourinho or Wenger could be appointed and shedka would be negative, it's so doom and gloom around tannadice just now not everyone will be happy. I can't see what all the hype is about Neilson but we will see when he's appointed if he's really that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    Does it really matter who is appointed there will be fans that are negative about it. F@#k me sir Alex Ferguson,Mourinho or Wenger could be appointed and shedka would be negative, it's so doom and gloom around tannadice just now not everyone will be happy. I can't see what all the hype is about Neilson but we will see when he's appointed if he's really that good.
    Good post and absolutely correct.
    Doesn’t matter who’s appointed MM will be useless c***t for his decision.

not sure thats true - all it takes is a bounce and an attitude in the team. Agree many manager could do the role. Managers and clubs have to fit.

If not Neilson - who???

Whoever the board appoint.

We will have no choice but to ride the train.

I'm past worrying cause I've got no control.

I have no choice but to take who they appoint.

But with Ruud Guulit apparently over for the golf, if someone isnt grabbing him and showing off our facilities to try a long shot of enticing him then we are ****e 😉

lol Frank thats my thinking too.

I am hopeful today for Ellis. He was probably as aware as anyone how bad csaba was to work with but he was a prisoner to those circumstances.

Ellis deserves his chance if can get wins

Of the rest Wright not likely to come

McIntyre and Neilson are decent candidates and I think with either of them we are guaranteed to not do too bad this season.

McIntyre and Dodds probably guarantees at least play offs. Neilson more of a gamble but with big upside. Could easily imagine either of those decent candidates get team clicking and having us romp to championship. I think Ellis capable of that too so deserves chance to show if can do it.

If Alex Neil was sacked from Preston and we somehow managed to attract him then that would be a dream scenario. Highly unlikely but shows good candidates can crop out.

The situation we are in we do not want another wacky appointment.

Definite NO to Yogi Hughes for me

McKinlay / Robson etc could be ok but too much of a gamble for me right now

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Good post and absolutely correct.
    Doesn’t matter who’s appointed MM will be useless c***t for his decision.
    Not at all, he'll be useless if he messes it up

Of results stay as they are for example, Partick and Dundee jobs might become available, Robbie Neilson is available now, he might be available for others very soon

He’ll be useless for whoever he picks.
    That will only change if the new manager turns things round.
    If he doesn’t then it’ll be ‘wrong choice.’ Should have been - insert name.

Partick last again, Dundee lost again for about the 17th time in a row at home

So Archibald and Pundit are potentially done, those clubs will have a replacement lined up ready should they sack, we always end up dragging things on though

We don't want any silly out of the box appointments (Csaba was that and more) we don't need to exhaust all avenues etc, in our situation it's obvious what we need, a common sense appointment

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)