+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Sorry LS but not McIntyre

Like I said in the other thread, he hadn't managed a big Scottish club with our expectations, and too many other negatives about him, I feel uneasy about him being a choice

Neilson ticks all the boxes and done it at a big Scottish club that has expectation
    I’d be content with Neilson.

Reason I like McIntyre is he’s done ok with 3 teams. Dunfermline, QOS and Ross County. All similar level of clubs to where we are now. I feel we are guaranteed some improvement if he comes in.

Neilson I like but his pedigree, experience not as long but still could see him do well

My point is Martin and the BOD need to make the decision now. Most fans would recognise either McIntyre or Neilson would be common sense appointments. Let us get on with it and the rest of season

Hughes for me

McIntyre has a level and its top end of the Championship/bottom end of the Premiership. If we have aspirations to get back to anywhere near where we where, we cannot employ McIntyre. At least with Neilson he had Hearts fighting for 2nd place in The Premiership when he left after a 3rd place finish the season before. He's proven he can get a team winning, fighting and challenging at the right end of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    McIntyre has a level and its top end of the Championship/bottom end of the Premiership. If we have aspirations to get back to anywhere near where we where, we cannot employ McIntyre. At least with Neilson he had Hearts fighting for 2nd place in The Premiership when he left after a 3rd place finish the season before. He's proven he can get a team winning, fighting and challenging at the right end of the table.
    McIntyre won a major trophy with Ross County which is an achievement

We are in the championship. Priority has to be a manager who can do well in this division. Neilson or McIntyre can both do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    McIntyre won a major trophy with Ross County which is an achievement

We are in the championship. Priority has to be a manager who can do well in this division. Neilson or McIntyre can both do that.
    And then what? McIntyre will fit in with the players we have. Proven Championship standard but failures at the top level. Clark, Aird, Curran, Franz, Booth etc etc. And anyone can win a cup with a bit of luck. The league is the bread & butter and that is why we are where we are. We failed in the league and are continuing to fail in the league due to sub standard managerial & player appointments. It's a no from me. Definitely.

Ouch, is Tommy Wright still on our shortlist, should maybe be free and available in about an hour or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    Ouch, is Tommy Wright still on our shortlist, should maybe be free and available in about an hour or so...
    Wanted rid of a manager that let us have 5 past us in a game, i dont know if i want a manger from a team that lost 5 in a half, even if it is against one of the top teams!

Maybe he’s already handed his jotters in and getting ready to head our way! 😂

Good manager but I just get a feeling it wouldn't work out for him if he came here.
    St Johnstone modest club with more patient fans, happy enough with the whole scrappy, survival football. Our fans wouldn't accept it imo.
    But he would still be a million times better than Csaba.

100 times better than most that have been linked to us, but one reason I favour Neilson is there is more of a younger freshness about him and probably an appetite to leave his own mark on a club the way Wright has done over 5 years now for saints, saying that would do a jog if it was either of them

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)