+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Ellis has been behind a couple of managerial failures ,Surely he has a tongue in that mouth o his to tell the managers he worked with what was going on and what needed to be altered
    i dinnae think he just shut up for 90 min if he didnt have an input more fool him,
    Reckon new man in with his own backroom staff

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Ellis has been behind a couple of managerial failures ,Surely he has a tongue in that mouth o his to tell the managers he worked with what was going on and what needed to be altered
    i dinnae think he just shut up for 90 min if he didnt have an input more fool him,
    Reckon new man in with his own backroom staff
    I agree with this. Might be hard on Ellis but he cant be our next manager and i would get rid of him and let whoever comesin dictate.

I think whoever comes in will want their own right hand man with him which makes Ellis surplus to requirements anyway

Maybe a few surprise contenders will throw their hat into the ring.

Interesting that someone mentioned Gordon Strachan - he is married to a Dundee girl and once said he thought after he stopped playing football that he would manage Arbroath .......

He lives in England nowadays, he is not driven by big wages - but would he be willing to relocate back to Dundee ? Probably not.

Suspect more new names will emerge soon.

Surely our esteemed bod know who the preferred option is already. It's not as if punting Coco came out of the blue. Surely they've been discussing this eventuality for weeks if not months. Wouldn't it be nice, if we actually just go out and get whoever it is they think fits the bill immediately, and not allow this to become a freak show lasting for weeks, like happened last time. That's how Laszlo ended up with the job. His name didn't get a mention until just before he was appointed. No more crazy, left field appointments. Pick a good, solid, available experienced guy, and let's just get the **** on with the season right away. Robbie Neilson fits the bill in my opinion. If he's not the board's choice, then get whoever is their favoured option in now.

Most of this based on gut feeling but:
    Would like but unrealistic- Paul Lambert (has a wealth of knowledge in Germany, tough, no-nonsense, done well at modest clubs)
    Realistic- Robbie Neilson (destroyed this league with Hearts, intelligent, level headed, has point to prove after MK Dons.
    Left field- Big Dunc or Barry Robson (based mainly on personalities. We need a winning, upbeat mentality at club)
    No thanks- McIntyre, Wright or Hughes (gut feeling only)

Whats Billy McKinlay up to just now, is he with a club? maybe worth a punt.
    Team hum up with big Dunc. I can dream.

MORGARO GOMIS insists Robbie Neilson is the IDEAL man to rescue Dundee United from disaster.
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    MORGARO GOMIS insists Robbie Neilson is the IDEAL man to rescue Dundee United from disaster.
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...mpression=true
    Encouraging, if indeed we are talking to Neilson. My only question would be how much of that detail and preparation came from Levein?

Neilson certainly seems to talk sense whenever I've heard him and he would certainly be motivated to show that he can succeed on his own. The more I think about it, the more I think he'd be a good appointment.

Echoes my thoughts on Neilson, would be a great appointment, just what we need for the next few years

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)