+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Cathro is at Wolves bud.

Out of the names listed above Neilson would be my choice. We have the players to play his style of football.
    What style of football?

Neilson played slow passing football at Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    What style of football?

Neilson played slow passing football at Hearts.
    From what I recall did his sides not dominate games? CM’s controlled it, wingers running at players and feeding a decent striker? I recall his last game v the huns at tynecastle where they tore them apart.

His hearts team won the league 21 points clear of second place and that was a division including Hibs, the huns and a decent Falkirk. He also thumped Cowdenbeath (away) 10-0 during the season.

He’s my choice, but I also wanted Laszlo...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Cathro is at Wolves bud.
    Oh right!
    is that why they are doing so well.

My choice would be taking Tony Docherty from Aberdeen along with Robson as his no. 2.

Tommy Wright was always my first choice
    I would be happy with Neilson also but a partnership of Docherty and Robson does sound exciting also

Look my vish I tink for die Dundee United she need a Scotland coach mitt a seir gute English. Die player he need to know vat he vill do on die pitch.

I simply can't see Tony Docherty quiting a cushy number at Aberdeen with his good pal for a crack at management.

He's 47 now. I imagine if he has ambitions to manage he would have done it by now.

Maybe Tony Docherty wouldn't quit his cushy number at the sheep, but no harm in asking.

I'm just looking outside the box seems to be the same names from a group of three or four managers mentioned.

Seen Terry Butcher was interested but not for me.

Terry Butcher did well in the Scottish game Proven manager who would command respect.

Except at Hibs.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)