+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Available Managers to replace Bruce......

Unbelievably it is being reported that Henry is the number 1 and John Terry will be his assistant (with the possibility of playing)

That would be mental

I like it

Just how i dreamt it.......

I like the sounds of this appointment to and if the players don’t up there game with those two then there’s no hope..

Yes it comes with risks attached but gerrard n Lampard seem to be doing ok

Go for it I say

Reports suggest Henry's knowledge of the game is second to none, who's to say he's attack minded though just by virtue of his playing days? I hope that he is and we get JT to shore up the defence through to January - only the top 2 teams in this league can be considered to be "in-form". Recall Suliman and Elphick if the loan terms allow it, Jedi in front of the back 4 with a midfield 3 of McGinn, Jack & Hourihane.

Bolasie and Tammy up front, use the full backs to provide the width.

JT has just announced his retirement from football.

I'm reading everywhere that the Henry/ Terry combo is a done deal. I think this is a huge gamble but an exciting one. Those two know how to win and win trophies. Hope this comes to pass. Make it so.

What Oz said.

As i sit here in Helsinki looking at all the hype, im just thinking; the clocks ticking!

11.28 pm and still no news, Dave! We can check again at 11.29.

I was totally against Henry joining us as manager in the summer, but I guess we are in a different place now. Definitely a gamble, but the combination of their offensive and defensive nous, coupled with Terry's experience of Villa and playing in the Championship last season could be amazing, if they gel. I did read that Henry is very popular with Hazard and co, so maybe he can add that va va voom (sorry ) to Villa.

I guess we have this window open to us now. , so we might as well climb through it and see what adventure it leads us on.

I'm a bit surprised at Terry's announcement that he is retiring from playing, given our need for a defensive player, at least until Christmas?

I feel like I'm selling my soul to the devil 're Terry, but despite my personal feelings about him, I can't deny he was really good for Villa last season. I guess we're recruiting a new coach for Villa though, not a new friend for me.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 08-10-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Still a massive unknown either way, jump in and find out I reckon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)