+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City Post Match Thoughts

We should be happy overall I think. We have a good team ethic and I think that counts for more than we sometimes realise - Rowett sounded so sour and had things out of proportion and I think that sense of entitlement is rubbing off on their players.

Warne will keep us ambitious and playing to our limits. Both teams had some good and bad luck, and all the goals were a mix of good play and pressure, plus defenders making mistakes. Having said that, the players on our team who made the mistakes for the goals were youngsters on loan (Manning and Vyner with slack marking) but theirs is an experienced Wales captain who played in the Euros semi final and Premiership for yonks. So it seems Warne is relatively getting a good amount out of our players and improving them. E.g. we are gradually showing more composure on the ball too which is good to see.

Never a pen and handball. Some go for you, some go against you.

From a neutral perspective although I wanted you to win but I don't share your higher emotion .

Warne gets the absolute max out of this group of players and you are a far more resolute and together a team than the last time you were at this level .

It can and does go a long way , you will take this season all the way , there is little doubt about that .

My concern would be the effort and work rate going in to this season for the millers , the vast majority of the championship clubs have significantly better players , they may not always have your work ethic and togetherness though but I'd.be worried your lads don't run out of steam , it's difficult to work that hard over 46 games with a small squad .

Warne does need help in the January window and if he does receive it and spends well I think you will survive .

I'm not talking million pound footballers here , rather more motivated lads who will buy in to the Warne way and give you some fresh legs and impetus from January onwards .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 29-09-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    or been relistic

take your pick

1 game isn't a season and it doesn't paper over the cracks
    Every club could use more money would I trade Taylor for ince, no I wouldn’t would I trade smith for afobe no I wouldn’t a club can spend 13 mill per player but crap will still be crap no matter how much cash you spend on it.
    You got clubs like derby who spend millions and a little club like us come alone with a low squad value and beat them. I keep hearing we can’t compete but we can compete and from the looks of the youth coming through our shiny new academy we have at least 4 young lads with talent to make up for the lack of dosh.

No one match don’t make a season but you’ve passed judgement well before seasons even half way.

If someone had told me we would be beating derby county at home and be 18th after September baring mind we have just played villa derby forest and stoke. I’d have smiled and said thank you.

Am i the only one who thought we were magnificent? Fabulous game. It finished with us playing fast exciting football, and them lumping up to Crouch.
    Well done Millers, bet it looked good on the telly.

Not just you jocks. We played terrific football at times.

I wish people would stop saying RUFC are better this season than the last time we were in the cship.
    We spent 3 seasons in this league and two of them we gave a great account of ourselves.

It was only the stubbs season we couldn't complete

Well done the millers today and we are still 4 poibts clear of the bottom 3 so that will do for me. When Woody went off we were always going to struggle but I was pleased we didnt cave in and we could have won it in the end. MOM Ajayi superb again. I would surprised if their aint a bid for him in Jan. We sell him at our peril though.

What a fantastic result....2-0 up seems a bit dissapointing but don’t be fooled, this is a watershed moment

Stoke haven't got sub standard individual players , they have a sub standard team who on tonight's evidence think they can roll in to town and the points are theirs on ability alone .

It's almost October and the penny still hasn't dropped , that's the big money mentality for you in a nutshell , another Aston Villa case here if ever I saw one .

Get some reinforcements in when the January window opens and I seriously think you can do it .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast