+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Decent Attendance

Another Decent Attendance

6117 great turnout people.

Not bad for a team struggling at the bottom of L2!

I think it is in part a reflection of the interest generated by Alan Hardy's investment and promotion of the club, and the undoubted off field improvements made. There remains a strong fondness for Notts with a genuine desire to see the club not only thrive, but succeed.
    In spite of all the ups and downs over the years, given a hope of the "promised land" we will continue to support Notts, and hopefully given success, in ever increasing numbers.
    It will be interesting to see the attendance on Tuesday against Crawley.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I think it is in part a reflection of the interest generated by Alan Hardy's investment and promotion of the club, and the undoubted off field improvements made. There remains a strong fondness for Notts with a genuine desire to see the club not only thrive, but succeed.
    In spite of all the ups and downs over the years, given a hope of the "promised land" we will continue to support Notts, and hopefully given success, in ever increasing numbers.
    It will be interesting to see the attendance on Tuesday against Crawley.
    In spite of the dismal start to the season (excluding the last three games which have seen improvement) I’ve not felt the same level of doom, gloom and apathy around the club and amongst the supporters when going down the lane.

It was that kind of negativity and toxicity which plagued the club towards the end of the previous regime and to a lesser extent in the early naughties through the Trust years prior to the Munto season.

I’ve felt that in spite of our start it’s always been a short term thing and it’s only a matter of time before things will turn around. I think that has in part been based on what you say about Alan Hardy and setting the tone of the club from the top down. It can’t be understated the importance of creating a positive, upbeat and optimistic environment for players and staff to do their work.

Whilst six defeats in seven games will be a tarnish on this season what it has done is kill off the hype and pressure of trying to get automatic promotion. In fact it’s done the opposite and lowered them to a point where many fans don’t expect us to anything this season now. I myself renewed my expectation levels to survival.

All we can do now over the next 36 games is to keep chipping away at those 44 remaining points to survival and keep climbing the ladder and see what happens.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 30-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.

About 1,200 more than I expected, a very good turnout.

I think we will do well if we get over 4500 Tuesday night .