+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A decent point

A decent point

Good game, I enjoyed it. 2 very evenly balanced sides beforehand, and it proved to be the same over the 90 mins. Although I was very disappointed with the second pen for your equaliser, I think a point each was a fair result overall.
    A strange early pen was awarded. Which (from a biased Rovers perspective) was rightly ballooned onto the top of the bar and over. A very poor pen, coming from a poor decision. We then came into for a 20 min spell leading up to HT creating 3 excellent chances. Colbeck brilliantly clearing one off the line from Graham.
    You always looked decent enough throughout, you play it around. Young Cash is lively. You started the 2nd half well, created 2 very good chances then scored. Nice move, good header to Grabban.
    We then got lucky with Armstrong's cross going in the far post. After that we came at you and caused lots of problems down your right. Graham missed a great chance then immediately set up Dack for 2-1.
    Dack caused you loads of problems in both halves. And he's now added a predatory instinct to his gsme, where he arrives for tap ins, like a striker. But hes not a striker. He is a very clever number 10. He's well on for getting 20-25 goals for us this season.
    Then the ref awarded the second pen. Rodwell didn't make contact, your lad was always looking to dive and the ref, who had 5 players inbetween him and the tackle, gave it. Better pen, 2-2. We had a few half chances, as did you. The game flowed, no really bad tackles. I just felt it was slightly soured by the awarding of 2 pens.
    That said, you came out, played pretty well, and stood firm, especially at 2-1 us and we where certainly ontop. All round a very good game, and a fair share of the points.

Indeed the penalty decision my be questionable but these things happen to all of us.
    To be honest Forest should have won, missing the 1st penalty was criminal. Because at 2-0 we may have done enough.
    Then again you also saw our weakness. Take a lead and then lose our way and go behind with some abject defending.
    That said, we had a very late chance to secure the win.
    I think you saw basically what we shall be this season, a tough team to beat, but not unbeatable. A team that can create but lack the killer instinct. A much improved side but not the real deal yet.
    Still 15 points from 10 games ain't a bad return and if maintain this ratio, we have an outside chance of finishing in the top six although I wouldn't bet on it.
    The same can be said of yourselves. The lesser games you lose the better your chances will be.