+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OPERATION CHAMPIONS – What Form’s needed from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Well, I’m sure it’s occurred to many of you, as it has to me, that so long as we don’t get beaten for the next 17 games we are now 3 games into a 20 match unbeaten run. In addition, we’ve also only conceded just one goal in the last 180 minutes of play. Yes, exciting times are back at the Lane, and both of those things are the stuff of Champions, so as Crawley quake in their boots over Tuesday and we ride our recent tsunami of form, let’s see just what’s needed from now on in for us to finish top come May:

In the last 5 League Two seasons the Champions averaged:

Points – 92
    Goals For – 75
    Goals Against – 42

So, in our next 36 games to match that Championship winning form, we need to score another 63 goals (1.75 goals per game) and concede only 17 more goals (0.5 goals per game). Our current form is to score 1.2 goals per game and concede 2.5 per game so scoring at 1.5 times the current rate and conceding at a fifth of the current rate from now on will sort it.

To reach that 92 point mark that the Champions averaged over the last 5 years, the following perms of Won / Drawn / Lost will do it over these 36 games:

Won 26 / Drawn 8 / Lost 2
    Won 27 / Drawn 5 / Lost 4
    Won 28 / Drawn 2 / Lost 6

What odds at the bookies could you get on any of those perms for us from now on in?
    I presume this post is slightly tongue in cheek.? I’m as positive and optimistic more so than many but I think you are selling a dead duck, or should that be dead magpie?

Anyway we’ve got bigger fish to fry at the moment like trying to bag 44 points for survival over the next 36 games which equates to 1.22 points per game. Baring in mind currently its 0.6 points per game so we are talking about doubling this consistently throughout the season.

12 wins and 8 draws might not sound a lot from 36 games which means we can afford to lose another 16 games, but when you’ve only won one in ten it’s a mountain to climb.

What I am is confident and optimistic we will be fine and that is only due to the confidence HK displays and how determined and hard him his staff and players are working to get us climbing the league table.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Bookies make us 8/1 to be relegated and more interestingly 8/1 to finish in the top 7...make of that what you will.
    Play offs aren't impossible, a 10 point gap to close over a 6 month period. It would take a huge turnaround in form, I'd say midtable is more likely but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Play offs aren't impossible, a 10 point gap to close over a 6 month period. It would take a huge turnaround in form, I'd say midtable is more likely but you never know.
    10 points is nothing at this stage of the season.

Still a long way to go and 1 win doesn't get us promoted but we are on a 1 match winning run. Long may it continue!

Well, I’m sure it’s occurred to many of you, as it has to me, that so long as we don’t get beaten for the next 17 games we are now 3 games into a 20 match unbeaten run. In addition, we’ve also only conceded just one goal in the last 180 minutes of play. Yes, exciting times are back at the Lane, and both of those things are the stuff of Champions, so as Crawley quake in their boots over Tuesday and we ride our recent tsunami of form, let’s see just what’s needed from now on in for us to finish top come May:

In the last 5 League Two seasons the Champions averaged:

Points – 92
    Goals For – 75
    Goals Against – 42

So, in our next 36 games to match that Championship winning form, we need to score another 63 goals (1.75 goals per game) and concede only 17 more goals (0.5 goals per game). Our current form is to score 1.2 goals per game and concede 2.5 per game so scoring at 1.5 times the current rate and conceding at a fifth of the current rate from now on will sort it.

To reach that 92 point mark that the Champions averaged over the last 5 years, the following perms of Won / Drawn / Lost will do it over these 36 games:

Won 26 / Drawn 8 / Lost 2
    Won 27 / Drawn 5 / Lost 4
    Won 28 / Drawn 2 / Lost 6

What odds at the bookies could you get on any of those perms for us from now on in?
    When i first read this I couldn't believe you were comparing our form to a tsunami, something that causes nothing but dearth and destruction . I would like to think you were not aware of what was happening in Indonesia at the time
    but either way it is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    When i first read this I couldn't believe you were comparing our form to a tsunami, something that causes nothing but dearth and destruction . I would like to think you were not aware of what was happening in Indonesia at the time
    but either way it is inexcusable.
    Cracking parody of a humourless middle aged t w a t who’d move heaven an dearth to be offended.
    Do you think such real-life Statler & Waldorf’s actually exist?
    Last edited by AltyPie; 30-09-2018 at 10:30 PM.

If we get four points from the next two games, I'd fancy us to go on and get a solid mid-table finish. But we'll see. Lose on Tuesday and the whole world looks different again. Whatever happens, I think it's fair to say we've blown our promotion chances this season already.

Cracking parody of a humourless middle aged t w a t who’d move heaven an dearth to be offended.
    Do you think such real-life Statler & Waldorf’s actually exist?
    " middle aged " , cheers. I thought i was an ode t w a t . And I know for a fact they do.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    " middle aged " , cheers. I thought i was an ode t w a t . And I know for a fact they do.
    I always did have you down as a confirmed Solipsist.

I always did have you down as a confirmed Solipsist.
    I must admit, i had to google that.

Now a mere 9 points off the play offs with 7 months to go..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast