+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPERATION CHAMPIONS – What Form’s needed from now on?

OPERATION CHAMPIONS – What Form’s needed from now on?

Well, I’m sure it’s occurred to many of you, as it has to me, that so long as we don’t get beaten for the next 17 games we are now 3 games into a 20 match unbeaten run. In addition, we’ve also only conceded just one goal in the last 180 minutes of play. Yes, exciting times are back at the Lane, and both of those things are the stuff of Champions, so as Crawley quake in their boots over Tuesday and we ride our recent tsunami of form, let’s see just what’s needed from now on in for us to finish top come May:

In the last 5 League Two seasons the Champions averaged:

Points – 92
    Goals For – 75
    Goals Against – 42

So, in our next 36 games to match that Championship winning form, we need to score another 63 goals (1.75 goals per game) and concede only 17 more goals (0.5 goals per game). Our current form is to score 1.2 goals per game and concede 2.5 per game so scoring at 1.5 times the current rate and conceding at a fifth of the current rate from now on will sort it.

To reach that 92 point mark that the Champions averaged over the last 5 years, the following perms of Won / Drawn / Lost will do it over these 36 games:

Won 26 / Drawn 8 / Lost 2
    Won 27 / Drawn 5 / Lost 4
    Won 28 / Drawn 2 / Lost 6

What odds at the bookies could you get on any of those perms for us from now on in?

I appreciate your enthusiasm but we have won one game...and in my mind that wasn't all that convincing...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I appreciate your enthusiasm but we have won one game...and in my mind that wasn't all that convincing...
    But we have a 100% record in our last 1 game. Clearly promotion form.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    But we have a 100% record in our last 1 game. Clearly promotion form.
    If you extrapolate that form over the rest of the season we would win over 80% of our remaining matches!

Yep should P155 this league now with our rock solid defence.

Your energy would be better spent in explaining how the club avoids relegation because that possibility is in fact the stark reality.

Football's a simple game. Try to win as many games as you can and see where it takes you. Regardless of what expectations were in the summer, the definition of 'success' at this moment is to try to get as far away from the relegation zone as we can, and once we've done that, we can start thinking about what else is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Football's a simple game. Try to win as many games as you can and see where it takes you. Regardless of what expectations were in the summer, the definition of 'success' at this moment is to try to get as far away from the relegation zone as we can, and once we've done that, we can start thinking about what else is possible.

Most deffo, this^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Well, I’m sure it’s occurred to many of you, as it has to me, that so long as we don’t get beaten for the next 17 games we are now 3 games into a 20 match unbeaten run. In addition, we’ve also only conceded just one goal in the last 180 minutes of play. Yes, exciting times are back at the Lane, and both of those things are the stuff of Champions, so as Crawley quake in their boots over Tuesday and we ride our recent tsunami of form, let’s see just what’s needed from now on in for us to finish top come May:

In the last 5 League Two seasons the Champions averaged:

Points – 92
    Goals For – 75
    Goals Against – 42

So, in our next 36 games to match that Championship winning form, we need to score another 63 goals (1.75 goals per game) and concede only 17 more goals (0.5 goals per game). Our current form is to score 1.2 goals per game and concede 2.5 per game so scoring at 1.5 times the current rate and conceding at a fifth of the current rate from now on will sort it.

To reach that 92 point mark that the Champions averaged over the last 5 years, the following perms of Won / Drawn / Lost will do it over these 36 games:

Won 26 / Drawn 8 / Lost 2
    Won 27 / Drawn 5 / Lost 4
    Won 28 / Drawn 2 / Lost 6

What odds at the bookies could you get on any of those perms for us from now on in?
    F00kin tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    F00kin tragic.
    Bookies make us 8/1 to be relegated and more interestingly 8/1 to finish in the top 7...make of that what you will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast