+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the fresh takeover talk

the fresh takeover talk

i made a comment on this a month or so ago, saying its the expected turn of events. All to give false hope, minimum spends in January and to ease the fans hatred.

Anyhoo, realistically any investor/buyer would have to view Newcastle as a long term investment before seeing a
    significant return.
    The ground needs an overdue lick of paint etc, the training ground is well below expected standards, the youth setup is utter bollox, we have only produced Dummet, Shola, Carroll and Saylor in my lifetime.

The first team needs a massive influx of quality just to be an established top 10 side. Even with investment, the clubs around us are investing too. A long term plan with an innitial cash injection and future transfer windows being used to add 1 or 2 quality signings each timebefore we can compete for anything realisticly.

IF fatty sold the club for 300m, with a further 200m on players and more on the upgrades, a new owner would need to shell out between 500-600m to get us ready. How long would it take for the club to recoup that in profits?

Investors are called investors because they invest to turn a profit not just to throw money into a bottomless pit, regardless if its the Rockerfella and Morgan Stanley groups.

I do believe that Ashley wants out, but is too arrogant to drop his demands, he needs to be seen as the winner in whatever deal he does, if he sells for less than has been quoted, he will look like the loser and he wont do that.

This Peter Kenyon thing will fizzle out in a month or so. Gone are the days of football loving chairmen who want to be entertained. Freddy and Sir John were the last of that generation

There are no more sugar daddies, or any that appear to want to go down that route again.
    There were very few in the first place.
    The real sugar daddies either died or crashed and burned in the love your club stakes.

Jack Walker bought his dream with his heart.
    Sir John hall and co saw an opportunity for a two way dream. One to see Newcastle United and fans get their dreams and also make a killing off the back of it. A potential win win if it was realised. It wasn't realised for varying reasons, one of which my conspiracy mind believes was orchestrated and choreographed not to be....but...well....never mind about that.

Then we had Jack Hayward (Wolves) and Randy Lerner (Aston Villa) to name a few more who had dreams which they backed with their hearts.

And onto the bored multi Billionaires who came in to have a flutter, like Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Monsour.
    The hobbyists who could potentially turn their hobby clubs into world renowned football giants of success.

Then you had Ashley who believed he could also kill two birds with one stone by using Newcastle United as a successful tool to also promote his successful business farther and wider. But...in my opinion... has soon realised that the north east is not the best place to actually do that in any meaningful and successful way because he was and is flogging a dead horse in many different ways.

There are no more in your face sugar daddies and that needs to be understood by football fans everywhere who want their club to be a success.

We are left with Ashley and as many so called potential takeovers as the newspapers can print. But even if any of them come to fruition, what would be the real deal against what we are doing now?

Everyone knows that business people like to make money. Ashley's massively included into that.
    We all know that he will throw so much to the wind but he expects a lot to blow back into his hands over time, like any business person would.
    This is the game whether it's football or any other business. And football is now a business first and a sport for the crowds, secondary.

So where are we at?
    It seems we're at the same point of screaming for Ashley to be hung drawn and quartered almost every hour or every day of every week, whilst others (Benitez) seem to be protected from the fans wrath.

There's more damage being done to this club with the hatred of one man than there is of one man supposedly damaging it.
    I know many will immediately jump on this and call me an Ashley apologist or whatever...but fans should actually start looking at the real issues that go with Ashley's mistakes and fabrications, which is in keeping hold of managers that are simply incompetent or egotists who refuse to change... or simply, yes men.

The bile and hatred is doing more damage to this club because it's most likely putting off any potential buyers who will know that, should they fail to make any real headway, will soon become the same hate figures as Ashley, even if it becomes a tad milder if they don't employ a messiah type, who fails.

My take on this carry on is much more simple which helps me relax a bit better, amid my general frustration at seeing my club being looked at as a struggling mess.
    I simply do not focus too much irritation on an owner who actually does allow transfer movement, regardless of whether it's not a big net spend, because net spends are definitely not the real storytelling of the situation, overall.

I focus on the people who are employed to do a job on the footballing aspect of the club. The stuff that I pay attention to and expect to see a manager and coaches who are being paid exorbitant amounts of money to oversee.

I expect Rafa Benitez to assemble and train a football team to play football as it should be played. I expect that team to have a trained mindset to go out to win a football game, not to go out with the attitude of trying not to lose it. A massive difference.
    I expect a manager to ensure that the players he buys, he trains to play and to play to the better strengths of those players.

I do not expect a manager to rid the club of players that have the most potential to do a job and replace them with players that do not get the chance to be put to work doing the job others could easily have done.

This is what we're dealing with and this (at this time) is the crux of the problem, not how much Ashley managed to smirk at baying mobs who think it's much better to throw bile out amid players who are trying to keep themselves motivated trying to play putrid football set out by a man who is so egotistical that I'm under the impression that he's of the belief he is actually the messiah.

I'd like to say that I'm absolutely desperate for Benitez to walk away from this club or be sacked right now, but I have the feeling that it won't happen so I'd rather not get myself wound up.

I'll always be a Newcastle United fan and supporter for as long as it stays as it is, as the club I always knew and know....but this football being produced by Benitez is arguably the most disgraceful putrid football I have ever seen... and I've seen some bad football in my time.

I'd sooner be beat 10-0 with us missing a host of chances than endure this pitiful excuse for a tactical set up.
    And this is not down to lack of players. It's down to the destruction of players minds and ability by a manager that is so far up his own aris that he refuses to allow them to express themselves and will not use players we all know could and can be used in suitable positions to cause effect rather than become ineffectual.

I'll say this as well.
    The minute we get taken over by a real chancer who thinks it'll be a good idea to hand a manager 30 million a time or more for certain players, will soon know they have a big bunch of north east based mercenaries on their hands who will most likely end up like a hard to shift pyramid block, for the end product of no progression.
    Why?
    Because this is the north east. It's the " well I suppose I'll have to" place for all those players in the big pay bracket, who the bigger clubs overlook... to go to.

In a nutshell, this club needs to address 2 problems to get some semblance of harmony... to a degree.

1. Get in a manager who can actually set up a football team to play football....on a set budget...and who can give and command equal respect. It does not have to be a big name or a messiah.

2. Stop channeling all the hatred onto an owner as some primary mindset into believing it helps the club. It doesn't, it only appears to pacify those who think it's right and proper to just use him as the tool for any wrong doing in their eyes.

The rest will look after itself from then on. In my opinion.

Other than that happening, it needs the last of the big hobbyist sugar daddy Sheikh spenders or someone as close to Ashley in terms of ensuring this club does not die a death.

I prefer Ashley as it stands, because I know where we stand, at least.

Aye we do that.................... under a crumbling empire with that FCB at the helm !

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Not surprised at that Ghost

Someone else said that when a takeover talk comes out this early.

It's usually rubbish because it's somebody trying to flush out investors because they haven't got enough themselves.

So, as much as i'd like to believe something might come from this, i think unlikely.

Agree with your assessment that Ashley has to feel like he's seen as the winner as well Tanya.

When around 45’000 paying supporters stand up in unison and declare their hatred of the owner and the owner just smirks and makes no post match comment on the incident

You then have to think of what Ashley is going to do next anything is possible with this guy at the helm of our once great club. I am 65 now and it looks as though he will be here long after I am gone so all we have to look forward to is years of misery ahead of us

Anyone with half a football brain can see that the current players are not good enough to keep us in this league. But then again do you really want to watch a team getting beat every week. We don’t belong in the Premier League.

You can talk all you want about Mitro leaving but at £27 million he would have been gone irrespective if Rafa wanted to keep him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)