+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky

Sky

Dissapointing that less than 8k home fans turned up last night.

Is Sky having that much effect, & fans preferring to stay at home?

There's a poster on here who uses every opportunity to have a go at Tony Stewart for not spending more money, but consider this : everyone who lives locally and chooses to pay for Sky Sports is helping to keep paying the likes of Stoke City's wages via parachute payments. The vast majority of TV money goes to the big boys in the premier league including those relegated, and helps to keep the big clubs afloat.

Please don't criticise TS if you don't turn up yourself and would rather fund the status quo.

I pay for sky but also go to the games so am I okay?

Talking of sky, Im watching the Ryder cup and what annoys me is the British commentators are totally unbiased in their commentary whereas their American counterparts are all us and them. Why aren’t ours like that!

You should try watching it over here

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post

There's a poster on here who uses every opportunity to have a go at Tony Stewart for not spending more money, but consider this : everyone who lives locally and chooses to pay for Sky Sports is helping to keep paying the likes of Stoke City's wages via parachute payments. The vast majority of TV money goes to the big boys in the premier league including those relegated, and helps to keep the big clubs afloat.

Please don't criticise TS if you don't turn up yourself and would rather fund the status quo.
    I'm a season ticket holder and go to all our home games. I also have Sky......so what does that prove?

I may be wrong but I think Sky own ifollow. Sky owns British Football with the contract they have showing England games.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post

if you dont want to spend money don't own a football club.

The home attendances have been disappointing so far this season. Having said that, I thought the fans yesterday were particularly vociferous.
    I'm fortunate that I can afford a st, and sky, and the petrol to travel from/to Norfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    if you dont want to spend money don't own a football club.
    I have my deerstalker on, pipe in mouth and violin in hand and slowly but surely I begin to deduce you are not quite right. I don't mean right in your opinions or right in the head but something else. You are certainly not just a normal fan with normal concers about the club. You're definitely a phoney.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm a season ticket holder and go to all our home games. I also have Sky......so what does that prove?
    It shows you are using your money to help fund the club, and providing that vocal support that is so important.

But you know where most of your Sky money goes too.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I pay for sky but also go to the games so am I okay?
    Yes you are, but see reply to Mellow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast