+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I pay for sky but also go to the games so am I okay?

Talking of sky, Im watching the Ryder cup and what annoys me is the British commentators are totally unbiased in their commentary whereas their American counterparts are all us and them. Why aren’t ours like that!
    I only saw last hour or two. American, Butch Harman-Turner criticised one USA player for holding finger to his lips shushing crowd saying he should show more class.

Wby pay for a match ticket, if you've already paid for sky? Football sold it's sole in 1992. No going back now.

what if you support rotherham but your mate sponsors the shirts etc or a stand and he gives you free tickets for every home game.

you buy a shirt a programme a pint.

but you don't buy a match ticket

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I may be wrong but I think Sky own ifollow. Sky owns British Football with the contract they have showing England games.
    Looks like iFollow is owned by the EFL. Sky's red button is the competitor. If you have already paid for Sky Sports, red button games are free?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ootball-league

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Wby pay for a match ticket, if you've already paid for sky? Football sold it's sole in 1992. No going back now.
    Sold it's sole? Sounds a bit fishy to me

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Perhaps that's why players get more foot injuries these days.

We are on later in the month against Luton Town and have reduced match tickets to £10 for the game .

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    If you have already paid for Sky Sports, red button games are free?
    You have to pay a subscription to Sky. The red button is an extra, not exactly free. No doubt the extra games will be covered by price hikes to the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Sold it's sole? Sounds a bit fishy to me
    Personally I thought he'd put his foot in it when he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Dissapointing that less than 8k home fans turned up last night.

Is Sky having that much effect, & fans preferring to stay at home?

There's a poster on here who uses every opportunity to have a go at Tony Stewart for not spending more money, but consider this : everyone who lives locally and chooses to pay for Sky Sports is helping to keep paying the likes of Stoke City's wages via parachute payments. The vast majority of TV money goes to the big boys in the premier league including those relegated, and helps to keep the big clubs afloat.

Please don't criticise TS if you don't turn up yourself and would rather fund the status quo.
    I think we have lost a few that jumped on the band wagon at the beginning of our new era.So now you are back to the hard core of fans & to be honest we are not the most attractive team to watch.Our signings & loan players are like that song Alice who the feck is Alice.The excitements gone from the place.I think if we don’t push the boat out a little bit in the January window & on top that a bitter cold winter I can see there being even less.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast