+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Rafa going to have to change his style?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    We are joint bottom on points but 3rd bottom on goal difference .. So to a degree the mind numbing football works .
    But at some stage soon we will have to win games . If we don't have about 20points by xmas we will be most likely doomed .
    We already 3 points behind 4th bottom . After manure we have the easiest run of any premier team until xmas.
    But can't see us scoring 2 or 3 in a game if the other team scores.
    No it doesn't work. It destroys the minds and enjoyment of those who watch it.
    It's soul destroying.
    You can argue that putting eleven 8 feet tall men along the goal line will guarantee us a 0-0 draw and 38 points for the season, with a zero goal difference being some kind of mind numbing football that works, in that case.

His football is the worst I've ever seen but his players are far from the worst I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    If we finish 17th it's job done.Its interesting that the Ashley lovers want Rafa out and exciting football when all their hero wants is 17th place and being in the Premiership for the following season.
    When you think of me wanting exciting football, I'm not asking for anything ultra special.
    I'm simply asking for a squad that's geared to playing football and taking the game to the opposition in the same way the opposition will take the game to us.

I expect that for 90 plus minutes between two teams.
    I can forsake the odd bad game every now and again and certainly handle defeats after having a good go, just like the draws and wins because of it all.

We have a squad capable of that but Rafa will not use it correctly. And even worse, trying to actually destroy that potential by getting rid of players that were capable to put in place players that clearly struggle under his set up.

The man needs to be gone sooner rather than later if we want to rescue this season.
    He's almost lost the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    When you think of me wanting exciting football, I'm not asking for anything ultra special.
    I'm simply asking for a squad that's geared to playing football and taking the game to the opposition in the same way the opposition will take the game to us.

I expect that for 90 plus minutes between two teams.
    I can forsake the odd bad game every now and again and certainly handle defeats after having a good go, just like the draws and wins because of it all.

We have a squad capable of that but Rafa will not use it correctly. And even worse, trying to actually destroy that potential by getting rid of players that were capable to put in place players that clearly struggle under his set up.

The man needs to be gone sooner rather than later if we want to rescue this season.
    He's almost lost the players.
    Horse sh!t as usual...
    So if FCB bought man city instead of us,do you think that Pep would be there managing a half billion pound team?
    You can't see the difference a different owner would make to Rafa/NUFC...

Unfu ckingbelievable….

Well coming from you it is actually believable,cos it's med up sh!t as usual!!!

So are you saying Rafa could handle the. It's players
    He couldn't handle the Real Madrid players

He has some decent players here
    He just can't work out a system to get them to work

No team or manager has had to do much this season to beat us
    Even the forest manager did him over

Do you think pep wouldn't be getting a better tune out of these players
    I do
    So would far Sam
    So would any manager
    Rafa has no system
    Look at Bournemouth Burnley etc
    Play their way get results

Look at Cardiff yesterday

Kept attacking
    Didn't embarrass themselves
    We have every game
    Rafa can do one
    I'd do won would be good

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    So are you saying Rafa could handle the. It's players
    He couldn't handle the Real Madrid players

He has some decent players here
    He just can't work out a system to get them to work

No team or manager has had to do much this season to beat us
    Even the forest manager did him over

Do you think pep wouldn't be getting a better tune out of these players
    I do
    So would far Sam
    So would any manager
    Rafa has no system
    Look at Bournemouth Burnley etc
    Play their way get results

Look at Cardiff yesterday

Kept attacking
    Didn't embarrass themselves
    We have every game
    Rafa can do one
    I'd do won would be good
    Sorry I forgot I was dealing with a tag team.I was merely pointing out to your girlfriend that if we had an owner that actually fu cking cared/invested in the team,Rafa would have a different philosophy re tactics..

Believe it or not if Ashley cared one jot,we might actually have a striker that could score..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Sorry I forgot I was dealing with a tag team.I was merely pointing out to your girlfriend that if we had an owner that actually fu cking cared/invested in the team,Rafa would have a different philosophy re tactics..

Believe it or not if Ashley cared one jot,we might actually have a striker that could score..
    Its not a tag team it's one person with two accounts no way can 2 people have such identical views on something that not one person shares with them/him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Its not a tag team it's one person with two accounts no way can 2 people have such identical views on something that not one person shares with them/him.
    That's why I've always called him Ghostboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    That's why I've always called him Ghostboro.
    😂 Like it 👍🏻

Ignore them two 69ing each other on this forum, back to football....

Rafa's got to change his approach. But with WHAT??? Little pace. Little skill. Sketchy passing ability. And no finishing ability. We are dire going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Ignore them two 69ing each other on this forum, back to football....

Rafa's got to change his approach. But with WHAT??? Little pace. Little skill. Sketchy passing ability. And no finishing ability. We are dire going forward.
    We are utterly shite as far as our forwards are concerned.

We need to commit more players forward to support them so that we either create more chances or the midfield get involved in scoring.

When we look back at this season I suspect we may have broken the lowest total we've ever scored in the Prem (which also means that, unless something changes drastically, we're going down)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)