+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Wasting Your Life

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Then I take it all back. There are many many things in life I don't get but if folk get pleasure from them then good on ya.

What do you class as decent bits?
    A hammered coin from the reign of Henry 111 ( 1216-1272),and a couple of 1st century Roman coins.
    Not much in the overall scheme of things,a lot of detectorists have found literally hundreds of items like this,but it's a start

How about going to church and praying to someone who doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    How about going to church and praying to someone who doesn't exist?

Or.......turning up at B71 to watch 22 blokes chasing a bag of wind around and refering to the place as “The Shrine” Des?

Why do these lycra clad joggers have to chug down the High Street with everyone having to make way for their huffin and a puffin, why not do it in the privacy of their own road? One came up right behind me the other day panting in my earhole like an asthmatic Ideal Boiler just as I was coming out of greggs with me cream bun, flippin rude.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    5k in 27 mins is an extremely good time for a fit 50 year old never mind a 64 year old,you’re doing 8 minute miles which is good form.

I get where you’re coming from with half marathons,I used to train up to 50 miles a week but I only tried the half marathon distance and although I did it in under 1 hour 27minutes I got no pleasure from it.

Can I suggest you try 10k races,there’s a lot to choose from and you don’t have to do much more ( if any ) extra training.

I’ve done a few and find them good fun and a more sensible distance to challenge yourself over.

I’d suggest that in your age group you would be very competitive and probably be a top ten finisher.

Let me know your mile time and I’ll test mine early next week.

Where’s your park run held?
    8.32 this morning along Brighton seafront. I thought you had organised a crowd to witness my effort until I realised the Duke & Duchess were in Town.

The Park Runs grade your time allowing for age and gender. I'm at about 60% which I think is about average for a Park Runner. But I do aim to improve.

I've done all the Brighton runs Hove Prom is my favourite as it's flat (rare in Sus***) and the sea breeze has been most welcome this summer. Bevendean Moor has great views but is another 2+ mins for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)