+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League Table Week 8

Prediction League Table Week 8

11 Claw84
    11 Davee59
    11 Gaz1959
    9 Wolves71
    8 Griff
    7 dagenhamJohn
    7 Tricky1966
    6 Alfinyalcabo
    4 Altobelli
    3 frenchlion

1 no poster for the third week running and so they have been removed from the League.

A much better scoring week and well done to Acido who got 4 correct scores. Mentions for Claw and gaz who got 3 correct scores and Tricky for not being last!!.

Before anybody else gets in........let’s all laugh at me!! Other than a shoite result for my club and for my predictions,I had a fantastic long weekend with my two sons cycling in the Alpes (well they cycled and I was in the supply car!). On the menu there were three mountain legends, the Col du Galibier 2600 mètres, Col d’Agnel 2744 mètres and the fabulous Col d’Izoard. 2300+ mètres. I know that cycling has bad press but frankly for me it knocks the life out of football. No violence,no slaging off other cyclists,just mutual respect and solidarity during the effort. Thoroughly recommend it for youngsters... or the not so young!

Thank you David and i would just like to celebrate my joint 7th place and dedicate it for my family and friends and fellow posters apart from Alf who we must all laugh at.
    I salute you all

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Before anybody else gets in........let’s all laugh at me!! Other than a shoite result for my club and for my predictions,I had a fantastic long weekend with my two sons cycling in the Alpes (well they cycled and I was in the supply car!). On the menu there were three mountain legends, the Col du Galibier 2600 mètres, Col d’Agnel 2744 mètres and the fabulous Col d’Izoard. 2300+ mètres. I know that cycling has bad press but frankly for me it knocks the life out of football. No violence,no slaging off other cyclists,just mutual respect and solidarity during the effort. Thoroughly recommend it for youngsters... or the not so young!
    Steady on Frenchy..Tricky will be on you in a flash for praising cycling ..

@ Frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Steady on Frenchy..Tricky will be on you in a flash for praising cycling ..
    I was going to refrain of commenting on cyclists but.............
    The urban cyclist should be shot at dawn.
    That is all i shall say on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Hi Frenchy, when the ref gives 2 penalties to the opposition and most of the 50/50's you know we ain't gonna win. Still glad you had a nice weekend cycling, its pretty big over here now too. You must have noticed the Tour de France and both the Spanish and Italian national races were won by British riders. The first any country's riders have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Frenchy, when the ref gives 2 penalties to the opposition and most of the 50/50's you know we ain't gonna win. Still glad you had a nice weekend cycling, its pretty big over here now too. You must have noticed the Tour de France and both the Spanish and Italian national races were won by British riders. The first any country's riders have done that.
    Evening Claw...yes British cycling is on an upward spiral, they just need to find one or two riders that could be capable of winning the one day classics which are completely different races. A little like comparing a Marathon with a 1500 metres..My boys and me try to go to the mountains at least 3/4 times a year for long weekend cycling trips and the number of cycling Brits that we come across is definitely on the increase. Every year during the Tour de France a mountain stage,with exactly the same conditions....closed roads and security....is open to 15000 riders a day or two before the pros do the same stage. It’s a fantastic day’s cycling that my two sons will not miss for anything. Out of the 15000, approximately two thirds are French and the others come from just about everywhere in the world with half of them from the UK. It’s great to see the sport taking off in the UK......even if it riles our mate Tricky!

Tricky would never buy a bike Frenchie!! However, he would rent one if it was dirt cheap.