from the Stoke oatcake board:

OK, so Rotherham will probably never get to the dizzy heights of the Premiership in my lifetime - if at all. However, as a small town akin to Stoke (also living in the close shadow of the Sheffield teams), I was quite impressed on Saturday. Working with the local Council, they built a new (if somewhat modest) Stadium close to the town and within a short walking distance to the Bus and Railway Stations.
As a result the Town looked more alive and thriving than Stoke (considering the major shopping outlet Meadowhall is a short drive away). We were also welcomed, firstly by the Rotherham Supporter who rang into radio Stoke on Friday evening informing fans of watering holes, then by welcoming boards directing supporters to a club.
It also appears the Rotherham players are quite down to earth - parking some distance from the players entrance and strolling up to the Stadium and chatting/posing for phots/signing autographs.
On the pitch, Stoke had superior quality (and rightly so, for the money spent), but they stuck to their task and we only came away with 1 point.
Whilst only a hardcore support of under 10 thousand, there is an honours board inside the ground to Supporters who raised £200,000 for a new roof at their old Millmoor stadium - quite impressive.
There is ongoing moans about transport access to the BET365 (and it will probably never be perfect), but getting away from the New York Stadium was so easy. Staying until the final whistle at the end of 6 mins added time, a medium jog to the bus station (plenty of buses available), straight on a bus to Meadowhall, and in my car and away by 19:50.