+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Quinn

When Souttar broke into the team we had a great side. I'm inclined to believe the stories about him being annoyed at everyone else moving on and earning a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    When Souttar broke into the team we had a great side. I'm inclined to believe the stories about him being annoyed at everyone else moving on and earning a fortune.
    The reason that side was good was because we had a group of talented young lads who scored for fun. If we'd had a few more seasoned pros that could have led them more effectively, then we might not have papped it every time we faced St Johnstone's bullying tactics.

I'm not saying these guys didn't do well and the team wasn't good, I just think with better leadership we would have had at least one trophy to show for it.

how about posters around the club with "No employee wants to be Paul Quinn"

This thread gave me the fcuking fear he was coming back!! Delighted to find out he's only been talking shyte in the papers.

I'm pretty sure that the decor and historic pictures were something that Craig levein instigated when he took over at Tanny? This coincided with us bringing in young players with ambition that wanted to emulate the previous greats. I think anything that shows what the club is about, it's history and the experiences that the fans have had over the years is a good thing! That is the problem with players these days...they expect the game to be all about them....we are a club with a proud history....if you don't want to try and get your picture on a wall at Tannadice, then your lack of ambition is not wanted at our club. EVERY player at our club should be wanting to be part of our folklore for the right reasons...not ending up as a member of 'UTD's ****tiest 11' threads on fans forums for years to come!
    Paul Quinn can go and throw pish at the moon!

If Paul Quinn feels that some photographs are too much to deal with then that's saying as much about his mental weaknesses as much as anything else.

Every club celebrates their history.

Some people do have a tendency to say that United should be doing such and such or should expect to beat such and such. Which for me is a dangerous place to be. You have to earn success. If you expect it you'll only be disappointed.

United has potential to be successful again but it's going to come through hard graft and a focus on the hard work as oppose to what we think on paper.

Great example at the weekend involving Livingston. On paper there is no comparison between Rangers and Livi. However, Rangers with all the expectation and entitlement attitudes were beaten by Livi who have zero expectation and no entitlement culture.

Livi are doing so well because they work hard as **** as a club.

There is no "we are Livingston, we should be..." chatter like there is for some about Dundee United.

United we need to get hungry and realistic that we may not always beat the teams we expect to or think we should be heading. We get what we deserve as a club. Every club does.

But yeah. Quinn can do one. I can guarantee that no player is ever going to feel pressured by a photo of him.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    If Paul Quinn feels that some photographs are too much to deal with then that's saying as much about his mental weaknesses as much as anything else.

Every club celebrates their history.

Some people do have a tendency to say that United should be doing such and such or should expect to beat such and such. Which for me is a dangerous place to be. You have to earn success. If you expect it you'll only be disappointed.

United has potential to be successful again but it's going to come through hard graft and a focus on the hard work as oppose to what we think on paper.

Great example at the weekend involving Livingston. On paper there is no comparison between Rangers and Livi. However, Rangers with all the expectation and entitlement attitudes were beaten by Livi who have zero expectation and no entitlement culture.

Livi are doing so well because they work hard as **** as a club.

There is no "we are Livingston, we should be..." chatter like there is for some about Dundee United.

United we need to get hungry and realistic that we may not always beat the teams we expect to or think we should be heading. We get what we deserve as a club. Every club does.

But yeah. Quinn can do one. I can guarantee that no player is ever going to feel pressured by a photo of him.
    Good post Frank, spot on.

Wage thief.

Paul Quinn.....are people really reading what one of worst ever players has to say....talking as much sit as he played by sounds of things....instigated by the Daily Hun too, shockerooney.

PQ will be playing Champions League football tonight is he ...?

Hibs should get shot of the Famous Five stuff.
    Sellick should get shot of the Lisbon Lions stuff.
    The Sheep should never mention Fergies Cup Winners Cup team.
    It might make the present day players feel they ain't good enough. Laughable.
    The pictures and memorabilia Quinn's going on about was probably there in 2010 and it never hindered the Scottish Cup Winning team.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)