+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight v Creepy Crawley...iFollow available to ALL

Tonight v Creepy Crawley...iFollow available to ALL

Most of the "regulars" will of course drag their aching dilapidated bodies down to the Lane, but if, for one reason or another, you cannot get off the sofa, the trouble and strife has hidden the communal zimmer frame, or the dog has chewed up your season ticket, do not fear...........................the 3rd of our 6 scheduled "live" midweek iFollow games has arrived, where even those in the UK can watch the match in splendid technicolour.

Log onto the Official Notts website, go to tonight's Matchday Centre and book a tinternet ticket (10 guineas, I believe)....then simply crack open a Party 7 and send the wife out to that Muslim bingo centre (Gala?) for some peace and quiet.

ps Early season "glitches" with the iFollow media platform appear to be a distant memory as the last 4 or 5 weeks have been glitch-free (touches wood hurriedly)......enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Most of the "regulars" will of course drag their aching dilapidated bodies down to the Lane, but if, for one reason or another, you cannot get off the sofa, the trouble and strife has hidden the communal zimmer frame, or the dog has chewed up your season ticket, do not fear...........................the 3rd of our 6 scheduled "live" midweek iFollow games has arrived, where even those in the UK can watch the match in splendid technicolour.

Log onto the Official Notts website, go to tonight's Matchday Centre and book a tinternet ticket (10 guineas, I believe)....then simply crack open a Party 7 and send the wife out to that Muslim bingo centre (Gala?) for some peace and quiet.

ps Early season "glitches" with the iFollow media platform appear to be a distant memory as the last 4 or 5 weeks have been glitch-free (touches wood hurriedly)......enjoy
    Before the days of the mosque ......... The Victoria ballroom (nee Locarno, nee Bingo hall) the Curzon Arms boozer and St Cath's institute where we played snooker...... happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

Last year i thought this was a great idea for overseas fans but now it is for UK customers too i fear the worst long term. Personally if i was Notts i would not be pushing this.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Last year i thought this was a great idea for overseas fans but now it is for UK customers too i fear the worst long term. Personally if i was Notts i would not be pushing this.
    Couldn't agree more with this. Absolutely no issue where overseas fans are concerned. What percentage of the £10 do Notts actually see, does anyone know?

Basic maths so apologies but lets assume someone was going to go to the game and taking their kid as well, that's £22 add to that about another £10 on refreshments/merch etc of which the club should see at least £5 profit so that's roughly £27, lets say 10 examples of this decide not to attend in person then that's £270 (ish) the club loses out on.

lets assume the club get 20% of the iFollow income, so £2, they would need 135 subscribers to match the loss of non attenders. Also, add to that away fans deciding to watch it for £10 rather than actually attending the match in person. More losses for the club but a tiny gain for the away club.

The whole thing is just cr4p and another nail in the coffin for football.

I have no issue with the option being open to overseas fans, it makes perfect sense but all this will do in the long term is reduce attendances and drive up the price of admittance, it's not sustainable, clubs will start to fold, people will lose their jobs and ultimately the biggest losers will be the fans themselves. At the moment I feel like the EFL can just go and get fcuked!!

I will probably give this another try - I wouldn’t have gone to the game so it a little bit of extra money for the club. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this. Absolutely no issue where overseas fans are concerned. What percentage of the £10 do Notts actually see, does anyone know?

Basic maths so apologies but lets assume someone was going to go to the game and taking their kid as well, that's £22 add to that about another £10 on refreshments/merch etc of which the club should see at least £5 profit so that's roughly £27, lets say 10 examples of this decide not to attend in person then that's £270 (ish) the club loses out on.

lets assume the club get 20% of the iFollow income, so £2, they would need 135 subscribers to match the loss of non attenders. Also, add to that away fans deciding to watch it for £10 rather than actually attending the match in person. More losses for the club but a tiny gain for the away club.

I have no issue with the option being open to overseas fans, it makes perfect sense but all this will do in the long term is reduce attendances and drive up the price of admittance, it's not sustainable, clubs will start to fold, people will lose their jobs and ultimately the biggest losers will be the fans themselves. At the moment I feel like the EFL can just go and get fcuked!!
    Firstly, I would hope that Notts get more than 20%. The cameras were already there and so was commentary, how can NuLion justify keeping 80% of subscriber fees?

Secondly, there are hundreds of UK fans who simply cannot get to games every week, GlasgowDave in Scotland, the two Irish lads, Sid in Scarborough....the old or sick or those who simply cannot afford 20 odd squid?

Thirdly, the 6 matches are split 50-50 home and away.....of the 3 away, who genuinely wants to travel to Newport or Carlisle away, instead of watching on the computer?....Notts keep all of that money whereas they would have got nothing....AWAY GAMES ARE A WIN-WIN SCENARIO

Fourthly, Most clubs do at least 2 or 3 "specials" a year ie £2 a ticket, kids free etc......BigAlus has already used one of the iFollow midweek games as a "special" by matching the £10 offer for admission.....smart move, no losses.

Fifthly, How many genuine local supporters are suddenly going to switch to the internet to save a tenner?......not many if any......let's ask on here.......WHO IS THINKING OF SAVING MONEY BY WATCHING ONLINE?

I honestly cannot see an issue, and it's only a trial......if club owners are unhappy, they can opt out next season.

If you're going to experiment with a system like this then it makes sense to do it when gates are on the up. Our attendances are fantastic for this level at the present time. People used to blame TV for falling gates in the 70s and early 80s (Brian Clough wanted televised games stopped altogether) but when the black-out came gates hit rock bottom. Anything that keeps people interested and still caring about the club must have some value, there are the obvious concerns but Premier League fans can watch every game for no cost whatsoever if they know where to look yet Premier League grounds are still pretty much full every week.

Yep, the Premier league is what it's all about, wait till we are scrapping it out in the league with their B teams.

Please don't get me wrong, I believe everyone should have a choice, but I'm pretty sure time will prove that if this type of scheme is implemented permanently, along with the streaming of 3pm saturday games there will be plenty of casualties. But hey, as long as everyone can cream their pants over Man City every week then who am I to object!

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Agree with that.

Is Tarquin getting commission from EFL Digital?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

I can defo see why it would worry Notts fans over there but it's a total lifeline for us overseas Pies, I do get to 6/7 games per year but the enjoyment of sitting down and watching the mighty pies on the TV on a Tuesday night is just too good an opportunity to pass. Trust me I would prefer to be there in person but any port in a storm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast