+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonight v Creepy Crawley...iFollow available to ALL

We now need to compare this to how many fans we took with us to away matches over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    We now need to compare this to how many fans we took with us to away matches over the season.
    It was just over 700 per game average. We get none of that 'attending' revenue but 80% less tax of the iFollow match revenue sold through the clubs website.

The thing you have to remember is that if every club lost an average of 200 away fans to iFollow over 23 games the average ticket price loss for the season assuming £20 tickets would be approx £77,000 after tax. The gain from iFollow would be approx 36,500 after tax so that would equate to a loss for the season of £40,500 per club. A total net loss of £972,000.

Using the same formula the EFL would actually make a net profit for the season after tax of £1,840,368 after tax for the season. That's 200 fans x 23 games x 24 clubs.

As I've said before the big winners in all of this are the EFL!!
    Last edited by ncfcog; 04-10-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Missed a decimal point!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    The thing you have to remember is that if every club lost an average of 200 away fans to iFollow over 23 games the average ticket price loss for the season assuming £20 tickets would be approx £77,000 after tax. The gain from iFollow would be approx 36,500 after tax so that would equate to a loss for the season of £40,500 per club. A total net loss of £972,000.

Using the same formula the EFL would actually make a net profit for the season after tax of £1,840,368 after tax for the season. That's 200 fans x 23 games x 24 clubs.

If is a big word

It was just a figure to explain how it would work out for everyone, halve it if you like, it doesn’t alter the fact that the EFL are selling their members down the river for their own financial gain! Imagine how those figures start to add up in L1 and the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

Apologies, that figure for the EFL would be more like £360k but you get my drift!

I think at our level it is neither here nor there. There were 111 Crawley fans at the game on Tuesday. Can’t imagine they had many/any more at the game last January. I wonder how many paid to watch on iFollow - I would imagine the take-up rate would be very small. Maybe they should start publishing those “attendance” figures too.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think at our level it is neither here nor there. There were 111 Crawley fans at the game on Tuesday. Can’t imagine they had many/any more at the game last January. I wonder how many paid to watch on iFollow - I would imagine the take-up rate would be very small. Maybe they should start publishing those “attendance” figures too.
    I’ve already asked the EFL for this info, no reply yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123