+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can someone explain what these so called experts are talking about?

Can someone explain what these so called experts are talking about?

So I've seen a lot of things mainly on here about how 'financial experts' say prem clubs don't need the fans to still run a profitable business. I for one think it's absolute bullsh1t. For one instance say we sell 50,000 tickets every other week for our home games and we sell at £10 per ticket (just for example) that would be £500,000 every other week 1million a month. So we can cope with empty stadiums can we? Thats a huge amount of money for a club who can't even break an ageing transfer record to loose regularly. I've seen someone put on here about instead of a proper boycott to just boycott the stadium and gather outside for games. I think this would be a great idea and the noise we could still generate from outside the ground would be a quite surreal for the players knowing we are 100% behind them but at the same time 100% against the regime that runs our club. And I really do think it'd hit Ashley hard loosing our money every other week. Not a chance would our club still run smoothly without us at games IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    So I've seen a lot of things mainly on here about how 'financial experts' say prem clubs don't need the fans to still run a profitable business. I for one think it's absolute bullsh1t. For one instance say we sell 50,000 tickets every other week for our home games and we sell at £10 per ticket (just for example) that would be £500,000 every other week 1million a month. So we can cope with empty stadiums can we? Thats a huge amount of money for a club who can't even break an ageing transfer record to loose regularly. I've seen someone put on here about instead of a proper boycott to just boycott the stadium and gather outside for games. I think this would be a great idea and the noise we could still generate from outside the ground would be a quite surreal for the players knowing we are 100% behind them but at the same time 100% against the regime that runs our club. And I really do think it'd hit Ashley hard loosing our money every other week. Not a chance would our club still run smoothly without us at games IMO.
    Problem is mate he already has all of the season ticket holders money up front. I think the next instalments are in January so he might be in for a shock then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Problem is mate he already has all of the season ticket holders money up front. I think the next instalments are in January so he might be in for a shock then.
    Yeah I know that's a massive problem at the minute. I'm not sure how many season tickets have been sold and those with them it would be hard to boycott after already paying but then again it'd be easier than watching the football we are playing. Also even though he already has that money he would be loosing a hell of a lot on the in ground sales of food, drink and merchandise.

It comes down to the Sky money.

What clubs get from it dwarfs what we as fans would pay, plus as said season ticket money is already in.

Of course the flip side is that if we had an empty stadium then sky wouldn't pick us meaning the extra sky money wouldn't go to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It comes down to the Sky money.

What clubs get from it dwarfs what we as fans would pay, plus as said season ticket money is already in.

Of course the flip side is that if we had an empty stadium then sky wouldn't pick us meaning the extra sky money wouldn't go to the club.
    Disagree!! Sky (Ashley's mates) would be coming in their pants if it happened,can you imagine the fun the pundits would have,hurling abuse at US.They would probably televise more under the hashtag "will they or won't they". Ba5tards...

there was an article about this very subject somewhere but apparently there are clubs who could survive without fans trouble is its only small clubs ( ground size) like bournemouth that could do it

Talking of Bournemouth, when Ashley took over they were 21st in League 2.

10 years on and we can't compete with them.

Shameful

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Talking of Bournemouth, when Ashley took over they were 21st in League 2.

10 years on and we can't compete with them.

Shameful
    Aye that kind of brings things in to perspective,there's probably quite a few more and it certainly wouldn't surprise me..

Brighton and Huddersfield were way down the league's as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)