+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has the site that shall not be named...

I was able to get on without any trouble and had a good read back through some posts.

Other than the fact that it's on a smaller scale and there is a noticeable absence of political/race related posts, it's not too dissimilar to MM in many ways. (The lack of political/race posts is largely self defining since most that went there from here just thought these were inappropriate on a football board.)

There's a certain amount of looking across at and comparing negatively with MM that goes on which is understandable. Frog and CAM come in for an unenviable and I'd say unjustified level of bashing - but it's largely led by people banned from here who felt they had a grievance against the MM mods.

As far as I'm concerned it's fine that there are two boards that cater for different tastes and approaches. There's definitely room for both.

GRWU posts there now in his usual single-minded way (mostly about the great wrongs that were done to him by the mods on here) and all I can say is that I'm glad he's their cross to bear rather than ours. I'm sure if we met him he would be a great lad but a little bit of him on a message board goes a long way...

The majority on there seem decent, intelligent people. At least as we are now - in a period of relative calm and harmony on here - I suspect many would thrive if they returned and would make a very valuable contribution.

CT, very profound words and always the wise owl Sir, pardon the pun considering you’re a Miller.
    Last edited by Brin; 03-10-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Last edited by Brin; 03-10-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I was able to get on without any trouble and had a good read back through some posts.

Other than the fact that it's on a smaller scale and there is a noticeable absence of political/race related posts, it's not too dissimilar to MM in many ways. (The lack of political/race posts is largely self defining since most that went there from here just thought these were inappropriate on a football board.)

There's a certain amount of looking across at and comparing negatively with MM that goes on which is understandable. Frog and CAM come in for an unenviable and I'd say unjustified level of bashing - but it's largely led by people banned from here who felt they had a grievance against the MM mods.

As far as I'm concerned it's fine that there are two boards that cater for different tastes and approaches. There's definitely room for both.

GRWU posts there now in his usual single-minded way (mostly about the great wrongs that were done to him by the mods on here) and all I can say is that I'm glad he's their cross to bear rather than ours. I'm sure if we met him he would be a great lad but a little bit of him on a message board goes a long way...

The majority on there seem decent, intelligent people. At least as we are now - in a period of relative calm and harmony on here - I suspect many would thrive if they returned and would make a very valuable contribution.
    CT - I'm a MM reader and a MB contributor but I thought your excellent post deserved acknowledgement. In this spirit of Millers' Boards detente, I think it would be most appropriate for the MM Mods to extend a hand of reconciliation to T71/GWRU and Bornamiller/LBJ (who appears to have gone missing in action) and to welcome them back into the MM family.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Bornamiller/LBJ (who appears to have gone missing in action).
    Discovering that Stubbsy's tactical expertise (give the opposition about 70% possession and allow them 30-odd shots at goal every game) had not been appreciated at St. Mirren either must have been hard for him to take...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 03-10-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post

Good post CT. I too don't have a problem with the other site, neither do I have a problem with gwru or LBJ.
    People can choose to use both sites, they're not rivals.

In saying that I tried to join MB several months ago and got turned down lol.
    Just a thought....maybe froggy and CAM can negotiate a free transfer....I go to MB and gwru & LBJ come back on here, two for the price of one.
    A transfer with fringe benefits....or perhaps not lol.

[QUOTE=CASPER-64-FRANK;39029992]Good post CT. I too don't have a problem with the other site, neither do I have a problem with gwru or LBJ.
    People can choose to use both sites, they're not rivals. [QUOTE]

Firefox is now allowing connection to B@n&£r again
    Last edited by mikemiller; 03-10-2018 at 12:05 PM.

I have no problem with Banter and post on both sites, on here as gm_gm and on banter as Exeter Miller

I used to look in but some months ago it started asking me to turn off my *******er and I haven't bothered to look at it since. I would expand CT's comments: when I used to look not only were there no political threads but there was hardly any OT at all. Three or four decent posters have left there for various reasons and it was really quiet. The few posters remaining are a delusional clique in that without realising it they do exactly what they slag MM members for doing. They bang on as well about how sensible, measured and interesting their posts on football are but all the stuff I used to read was banal to the point of imbecility. Other than that it's a truly great site.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I have no problem with Banter and post on both sites, on here as gm_gm and on banter as Exeter Miller
    Ha ha ha ha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast