+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammill signs !!!!!!!

Hammill signs !!!!!!!

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Adam Hammill on a short-term deal subject to international clearance.

The Englishman joins the Saints until January with the option to extend until the end of the season.

The 30 year-old winger becomes Oran Kearney’s fourth signing as St Mirren manager.

Hammill, who began his career at Liverpool, has had spells at Dunfermline, Southampton, Blackpool, Wolves, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Rotherham.

He joins Saints having left Barnsley at the end of last season.

Speaking exclusively to stmirren.com, Adam said: "I'm delighted to get going again.

I spoke to the gaffer here and he sold me on the move.

"He told me about the ambition of the football club and what he wanted to do and it's something I was keen to be a part of.

"I've signed a short-term deal till January and I'm just excited to show what I can do."

St Mirren manager, Oran Kearney said: "I'm delighted to have him in

When you look at where we are at in this point of time he ticks the box.

"Similar to Simeon [Jackson] and Anton [Ferdinand] there is a real hunger there to do well and I think that's *****ly important.

"I'm really excited about getting him out there and seeing what he can do.

"We're in a tough league and you need players with experience.

"Adam has over 300 appearances, a lot at English Championship level, which gives an insight into the level he has played at for a long period of time."

Gutted

Good luck Adam
    Show em what we're missing

Good luck to the lad , shame he couldn’t have fitted in somewhere but it wasn’t to be , his legs had gone maybe.

He wanted to go to Bradford according to his Dad but they weren’t interested

Good luck AH hope you do well

Good luck to him and his young family , glad he's found somewhere , fond memories of him in a Reds Shirt , that can never be taken away ,

Good luck Adam and I hope it works out for you up there .

Aww was this meant to be a trick/joke eh, getting people to read this thread expecting him to have signed for us ?.

Good luck Adam.... Hopefully it’ll be he end of folk constantly chelping abart him coming back........ MOVE ON NOW.... Hope he comes back in some capacity, but not as a player, we should remember and move on. Boring nar.

Aye now that's settled let's get back to constantly chelping about Huddersfield eh, much more interesting eh & not boring at all

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney fears new signing Adam Hammill will be out "long term" after he lasted just 35 minutes of his debut.

The winger was taken off with a shoulder injury in the Paisley side's 4-1 defeat by Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

The Englishman fell awkwardly in a challenge with Graeme Shinnie.

"We'll have to send him for an X-ray but it's not looking good," Kearney told BBC Scotland. "It's looking more long term than short term."

Hammill, 30, joined St Mirren on a deal until January this week, with the former Barnsley winger revealing had had turned down offers from United States, Australia and Iran to move to Paisley.

His injury is another blow to Kearney who watched his concede four goals at Pittodrie for the second time this season.

Simoen Jackson's second half consolation was all they had to show from a disappointing 90 minutes.

"We had come here with a game plan and for 25 minutes we've executed it pretty well," Kearney said.

"We were quite happy and content with how it was going. All of a sudden in a flash of three minutes we find ourselves with an upward struggle.

"It's a work in progress, we still have a lot to do. The home form has been good it's the two away fixtures that have disappointed. We need to win games and to win games we need goals."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast