+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preston

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Did the players have a chat about who would be the worst pen taker and stitch up Bruce? Whelan FFS - even Bruce isn't capable of such lunacy surely - no doubt he will say Whelan was man enough to take the kick under pressure
    Goodness knows what was said at half time for after playing pretty well in the first half they were all at sea in the opening ten minutes of the second half. Villa could not get possession during that time. It only got worse with players seeming to wander around in a daze allowing Preston to gain the upper hand instead of getting stuck in and marking more tightly. With a man short one did not need to guess what was going to happen because of the way they were playing. It is extraordinary that a professional footballer with all those years experience behind him should make such a hash of a penalty. Without the accredited Captain being on the field one wonders how it is decided who should take these kicks. On this occasion I hold the players totally responsible for the result and not the Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    To be fair we can't blame Bruce today. We were cruising until Chester got sent off. Lots of positives from today's game. Wish he would start Bolasie though.
    Bong,

Love the reply it certainly made me laugh

If you'd have been the barrister defending Peter Sutcliffe you would have attempted to have his sentence reduced to community service

Give Steve a call he is in the deep brown stuff and needs your support just give him an hour as I believe

A few others are wanting a quite word in his ear

Quote Originally Posted by Fidler View Post
    Goodness knows what was said at half time for after playing pretty well in the first half they were all at sea in the opening ten minutes of the second half. Villa could not get possession during that time. It only got worse with players seeming to wander around in a daze allowing Preston to gain the upper hand instead of getting stuck in and marking more tightly. With a man short one did not need to guess what was going to happen because of the way they were playing. It is extraordinary that a professional footballer with all those years experience behind him should make such a hash of a penalty. Without the accredited Captain being on the field one wonders how it is decided who should take these kicks. On this occasion I hold the players totally responsible for the result and not the Manager.
    To be fair in the 2nd half we only had 10 men.We showed some heart and spirit late on too. If Chester didn't get sent off we would have won comfortably imho.

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Bong,

Love the reply it certainly made me laugh

If you'd have been the barrister defending Peter Sutcliffe you would have attempted to have his sentence reduced to community service

Give Steve a call he is in the deep brown stuff and needs your support just give him an hour as I believe

A few others are wanting a quite word in his ear
    He in the brown stuff I agree. I thought before the game if we loose I will join the out brigade but that game didn't convince me to join right now.

I am with you banjo, Bruce must stay, you are only a few points off the top 2, and you won the European Cup so I'm sure everything will work out OK.

Look at the bright side, if results continue as they are you lot will be sorted for harvest festival.
    Last edited by BaggieBlood; 03-10-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Blah blah .........
    I thought Baggieblood has gone too far this time throwing himself at Bruce

I am pleasantly surprised to discover our footballing aficionado has survived the ordeal

what would it take ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    He in the brown stuff I agree. I thought before the game if we loose I will join the out brigade but that game didn't convince me to join right now.
    Which bit of, no tactical idea, a shed full of players for two or three positions and none for others, playing wingers and strikers but rarely at the same time, telling fans of our club they are stupid, "picking whoreselves up and going again", less than a third of the points from arguably the easiest start the efl could have given us, playing grealish completely out of position, telling a side that is 2-0 up to play defensively ( especially when the players he selects are not capable of doing so) is not convincing you that potato head is a busted flush bongo?
    Last night the signs were already there that things could go wrong before Chester got himself sent off, Bruce had clearly told them to hold what they had instead of pressing on and putting the game to bed, typical of what is wrong with his approach, he is a dinosaur and needs to be gone now, Millwall are going to ream us next game if he persists with these "tactics".
    Whilst I do not condone things being thrown, or any invasion of the pitch or playing area, between them they had it right, bruce and Calderwood, a d*** and a cabbage.

Didn't watch the game, only the highlights - great one for the neutrals, an annus horribulis for potato head.

Mark Bunn should have kept out the 2nd and 3rd, Chester's red card was very harsh - this team are bottom of the league and leave VP with a point & 3 goals. Some fight shown at the end with 10 men but we clearly don't have the makings of a good side, poor at the back & not enough goals in us up front to negate that.

Blues look galvanised now under the Monk - can't say I'm relishing that fixture!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)