+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superb Notts....truly superb

Superb Notts....truly superb

Despite having Milsom sent off for a reckless knee-high challenge, the rest of the Notts team put in the best performance of the season so far.

Fitz was faultless, centre-backs cleared pretty much every cross and restricted Creepy to shooting from distance.....up front Aless was my MOM, Stead needs to market whatever drugs he is on, Hemmings ran his testicles off and Enzio showed flashes of pure brilliance

The Notts 3rd goal was the weirdest ever, the majority of the Notts team stayed on the half-way line to watch Thomas curl it into the corner from a free-kick........hahaha, I'm still laughing.

Onwards and upwards.......the confidence is back.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Despite having Milsom sent off for a reckless knee-high challenge, the rest of the Notts team put in the best performance of the season so far.

Fitz was faultless, centre-backs cleared pretty much every cross and restricted Creepy to shooting from distance.....up front Aless was my MOM, Stead needs to market whatever drugs he is on, Hemmings ran his testicles off and Enzio showed flashes of pure brilliance

The Notts 3rd goal was the weirdest ever, the majority of the Notts team stayed on the half-way line to watch Thomas curl it into the corner from a free-kick........hahaha, I'm still laughing.

Onwards and upwards.......the confidence is back.
    Brilliant performance to a man tonight. Lewis justs pips Steady for my MOTM . Around 5100 ( 111 from creepy ) at the Lane tonight , about 500 more than I thought there would be and the place was rocking! The fans were superb .
    Last edited by navypie; 02-10-2018 at 09:24 PM.

To be fair that pretty much sums it up. The ref had an absolute stinker to be honest but Milsoms was defo a red card and so unnecessary because we were quite literally cruising.

The real positive was that we still looked good, compact and organised when down to 10 men.

The free kick was both weird and hilarious at the same time.

shame we couldn’t keep a clean sheet as like tarkers said Fitz was faultless tonight.

Happy days!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-10-2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Tidied up a few typos for you - mobile/cold fingers? :)

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Brilliant performance to a man tonight. Lewis justs pips Steady for my MOTM . Around 5100 ( 111 from creepy ) at the Lane tonight which was about 500 more than I thought there would be and the place was rocking! The fans were suberb .
    The Kop was rocking at times....I had to turn the speakers down wtf.....bunch of rowdies......hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    To be fair that pretty much sums it up. The red had an absolute stinker to be honest but Milsoms was defo a red card and so unneceybecausevwevwere quite literally cruising.

The real positive was that we still looked good, compact and organised when down to 10 men.

The free kick was both wired and hilarious at the same time.

shame we couldn’t keep a clean sheet as like starkers said Fitz was faultless tonight.

Happy days!
    Charlie and Thommo couldn't figure out why the Notts players were stood on the halfway line just watching...."don't they know it's our free kick?"....BOOM, and it flew in......strangest thing I've seen in a long while.....the goal celebration was superb.

You could see the camaraderie was back in the team again the way they celebrated that goal.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-10-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The Kop was rocking at times....I had to turn the speakers down wtf.....bunch of rowdies......hahahaha
    Everyone seemed happy in the Pavis , not sure if it was the performance or the fact Elite's in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Everyone seemed happy in the Pavis , not sure if it was the performance or the fact Elite's in Spain.
    Two games he's been away and we've won both games!.......say no more....albatross?

If Saturday's win against Crewe was good in parts, tonight's win and performance was some way better. Without doubt the management have done well to get this degree or improvement so quickly. We look better organised, more motivated and perhaps most critically of all, better set up tactically to suit the players we have.

I've never been a fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation at this level, but even I was saying before Nolan was sacked that it was the right answer to suit the current personnel, because we needed the third midfielder, and there are enough goals in the current three supporting attackers to supplement the lack of an orthodox second striker, unlike when the likes of Keith Curle and Paul Ince used the tactic in the past. Alessandra clearly relishes playing the No10 role, which I believe he did at Oldham, and Hemmings surprised me with his ability to play out wide and his work rate defensively as well as going forward.

It's far too early to reach absolute conclusions, but it's fair to say that the initial signs with Kewell suggest a manager who quite imaginative and tactically astute. Let's see how he progresses.

A result like that and I'll happily take the blame / credit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast