+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Superb Notts....truly superb

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I thought HK said he wanted to sign him but it was blocked by the owners? Either way, their loss is our gain.
    I would have him over Duffy any day...

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The Kop was rocking at times....I had to turn the speakers down wtf.....bunch of rowdies......hahahaha
    Too right it was, Tarqs, pity you weren't amongst it, bursting with noise and more noise it was, fantastic atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Charlie and Thommo couldn't figure out why the Notts players were stood on the halfway line just watching...."don't they know it's our free kick?"....BOOM, and it flew in......strangest thing I've seen in a long while.....the goal celebration was superb.
    It puzzled me, did that. I wondered if, from the position of the free-kick, they were expecting nothing but a Crawley counter attack. It fooled their goalie, though.

Fantastic performance, every man worked his socks off, Fitz looked confident, back 4 no nonsense and wards reading of game makes up for lack of pace. Midfield hungry to win tackles and slow down Crawley's forwards. Yes Crawley had lots of possession and shots but most ineffective and long range. Front pairing have a great partnership , both scored great goals and tracked back tirelessly all night long. Allesandra is a revelation and playing his best football for us, pace, vision, desire and great assist. Well done Notts . kewell clearly has man management and great tactical nouse.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It puzzled me, did that. I wondered if, from the position of the free-kick, they were expecting nothing but a Crawley counter attack. It fooled their goalie, though.
    They left about 5 up so we had to leave a load back as well. More shocking from them, they could only muster a 3 man wall because of the lack of numbers kept back. Had we been up 3-0 at that point, I'd have liked to have seen us just leave them to it and push the normal amount up

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They left about 5 up so we had to leave a load back as well. More shocking from them, they could only muster a 3 man wall because of the lack of numbers kept back. Had we been up 3-0 at that point, I'd have liked to have seen us just leave them to it and push the normal amount up
    It's a bit of a test of bravery. I remember Moniz sent 4 of our players up to the half way line for a defensive corner against Aston Villa and they all just looked around wondering what was going on before deciding to bring back their whole back four to stop an easy counter. Crawley were doing the similar, leaving 2 up from the start and did it to a more extreme extent when we went down to 10 men so Kewell made sure we had enough numbers back to deal with a counter. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if all of the players we'd sent back to defend had ran forward and into the box from one of the corners late on. Would they have tracked them?

If the plan is to shoot from a free kick anyway, other than rebounds it's usually a complete waste of time sending players forwards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    See if you can stay out there a bit longer , the end of May sounds good.
    Sounds good to me as well but not while the Tory Conference is on, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I thought HK said he wanted to sign him but it was blocked by the owners? Either way, their loss is our gain.
    He did.

Excellent win, Crawley were a decent side as well. Only complaint Toots needs to get a bit tighter on his winger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123