+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v Crawley

Match Ratings v Crawley

Fitz 7 Good performance with no fumbles from the many long range shots - shame he didn't get a clean sheet.

Tootle 6.5 Worked hard but still doesn't look fully fit

Evina 6.5 Broke up play well but not much going forward.

Ward 6.5 Not very mobile and not good with the ball at his feet but does what it says on the tin.

Turley 6.5 see Ward

Boudwijn 7 Faded 2nd half but a real threat

Alless 8.5 MOTM performance looked cool and confident all game.

Milsom 6 Hadn't had his best game and then sent off for a reckless tackle. We will miss him for 3 games

Hewitt 7 Good game in Midfield, did well and covered after Milson was sent off.

Hemmings 6.5 Good to see him score and is sacrificed for the team ethic

Stead 8 Is he really 35, took his goal well and is a constant menace to the defence.

Subs Thomas 7 Great free kick

Hussain and Osbourne not on long enough

Kewell 8 seems to be sorting things out
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 02-10-2018 at 09:05 PM.

All 10 out of 10 for a great effort

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    All 10 out of 10 for a great effort
    It wasn't quite that good.....we sat off their strikers at times and let them have pot-shots, Milsom's challenge was begging for a red card, Evita fell asleep for their only goal, Toots missed a sitter at the far post and Enzio went AWOL for chunks of the game.

Overall, our best performance so far, 8 to 8.5?......but there are still a few things for the Aussie to work on before Saturday......COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    there are still a few things for the Aussie to work on before Saturday......COYP
    I'm already worried about Saturday....Macclesfield have to win a game at some point.....it's bound to be against us!!!

Although I have looked and 2 of Macc's goals were pens...
    Last edited by MancMagpie; 02-10-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Comfortably the best performance of the season. Saturday was workmanlike and nervy at times, today we showed real quality, endeavour and organisation against a good side.

Kewell now looks to have worked out his best team and his best system. Another three points on Saturday and maybe we can start to look up and forget the first two months of the season ever happened.

Fitzsimons - 7 - Great to see him with the assurance he had last season. Good handling and kicking throughout. Visibly far more confident than he was a month ago.

Tootle - 6.5 - Usual quality on and off the ball, improving as he regains his fitness.

Turley - 6.5 - Not a long-term solution for a team looking up the table but know what you’re getting from him. May struggle against mobile strikers.

Ward - 7 - Reads the game so well. Mobility also not the strongest but a class act for League Two.

Evina - 6.5 - Pegged back by his winger but a strong defensive display, typified when he won one key header against their big no.9.

Hewitt - 7.5 - We are such a better team with him in our midfield. Repeatedly breaks up play and wins his headers, including for Stead’s goal. Held the midfield together after the red card. Strong display.

Milsom - 6 - Had been doing ok and nothing malicious in the red but they’re the sort of challenges refs now won’t let you get away with. Will be a big miss as we’d finally found some balance in midfield with his and Hewitt’s off the ball work.

Hemmings - 7 - Out of position but worked tirelessly for the team, deserved his goal and delivered one of if not the strongest performance he’s given since joining us.

Alessandra - 8.5* - Wow. Where was this player last season? Always had time and space, the sign of a very good player, never wasted a pass and produced an assist out of nothing for the first. Good pressing throughout. Credit to Kewell as he’s getting form out of him he never looked capable of before.

Boldewijn - 6.5 - Didn’t see a lot of the ball but one fantastic run and cross early on should’ve produced a goal and tracked back well throughout.

Stead - 8 - Give me whatever he’s on. Still chasing and harrying defenders in the 90th minute. Great finish for the goal and won more than his fair share of headers. Looked finished as a starter in the summer but is now captain and top-scorer.

Thomas - 7 - Great free kick. A hell of a player to bring on.

Husin / Osborne - N/A.

It was great entertainment but we gave the opposition so much space.
    On another night we get badly punished.
    We’ve got to stop so many crosses and free shots from within 20 yards.
    Going forward we were excellent though.
    Stead was my MOTM followed by Alessandra.

I'll have to see Milsom's challenge again on the video. We had a good angle on it and on first viewing it didn't look anywhere near as bad as the challenge which got Dan Jones sent off in the same part of the pitch a few weeks ago. I think the Crawley player sold it big time, and referees are far too keen to get the red card out for any challenge where a player is overstretching slightly, which doesn't automatically make it dangerous play. There was clear intent and aggression in the Jones challenge, but not in this one for me. It's becoming a game for wusses!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'll have to see Milsom's challenge again on the video. We had a good angle on it and on first viewing it didn't look anywhere near as bad as the challenge which got Dan Jones sent off in the same part of the pitch a few weeks ago. I think the Crawley player sold it big time, and referees are far too keen to get the red card out for any challenge where a player is overstretching slightly, which doesn't automatically make it dangerous play. There was clear intent and aggression in the Jones challenge, but not in this one for me. It's becoming a game for wusses!
    Milsom didn't look too surprised at the red card.

No malice, but that doesn't mean it's not a red

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    It was great entertainment but we gave the opposition so much space.
    On another night we get badly punished.
    We’ve got to stop so many crosses and free shots from within 20 yards.
    Going forward we were excellent though.
    Stead was my MOTM followed by Alessandra.
    Exactly the same thoughts as Charlie and Thommo on the commentary......we are improving fast, but we need to stop the oppo taking pot-shots from around the box...Notts had 12 shots..Crawley 22!!....admittedly most were off target or straight at Fitz (which will help his confidence no end) but a better team would've bagged at least 1 or 2 out of 22......I ain't complaining, we are on the up with the worst team in the division on Saturday to play.....but it's something to be careful of once we play the likes of Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Milsom didn't look too surprised at the red card.

No malice, but that doesn't mean it's not a red
    It was a red card from the minute he lunged in, knee-high with his studs....the ref knew it, Milsom knew it, and so did the Crawley players, which is why they never made a fuss over it.....one of their players even consoled Milsom as he went off, basically "tough luck mate, no hard feelings"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast