+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Ratings v Crawley

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    On the positive front, at least we are making teams have shots from range, rather than them easily walking through the defence as they were doing.
    My thoughts too, MM, and I posted such while at the game. "Keep that up", thinks I, and it'll do our goalie's confidence a power of good.. Just one ****sie weensie point though, when collecting the long ground shots at him, Fitz crouched with his feet well apart, too far apart, I thought, but what do I know? I ain't no goal-keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    My thoughts too, MM, and I posted such while at the game. "Keep that up", thinks I, and it'll do our goalie's confidence a power of good.. Just one ****sie weensie point though, when collecting the long ground shots at him, Fitz crouched with his feet well apart, too far apart, I thought, but what do I know? I ain't no goal-keeper.
    You're trained to get your knee (or body) behind it when possible and it was making me cringe a bit but until one slips through his fingers and between his legs I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think we played exactly how Kewell planned us to. Their a decent side and good on the ball so he got us pressing the defenders from goal kicks and when they did have it we dropped off so they couldn't cut through us. Shot count is extremely misleading as they were having long range pot shots as they couldn't play through us and it was good to see the wingers/midfielders really helping the full backs. The only downside for me was Milsom, exactly the same as Jones and absolutely no need for it and could of lost us the win but to be fair I thought we were really impressive with 10 players. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Like I say, haven't seen the replay, so if I've just not seen it to be as bad as it was I hold my hands up. I notice Kewell said he would have to see it again as well, though, and he was closer to the incident than me.
    It happened right in front of us and although I think Milsom didn't mean any malice is foot was high and studs showing, defo a red by todays rules.

...and what an attendance: 5,098 !!

Last year when we played Crawley, we were going full out for automatic promption and the attendance was a paltry 3,738.

COYP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think we played exactly how Kewell planned us to. Their a decent side and good on the ball so he got us pressing the defenders from goal kicks and when they did have it we dropped off so they couldn't cut through us. Shot count is extremely misleading as they were having long range pot shots as they couldn't play through us and it was good to see the wingers/midfielders really helping the full backs. The only downside for me was Milsom, exactly the same as Jones and absolutely no need for it and could of lost us the win but to be fair I thought we were really impressive with 10 players. COYP
    Maybe it was my imagination or something, but I thought when we had the ball we didn't miss Milsom and played just as well, different when Crawley had the ball though, their first shot in anger went in.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Maybe it was my imagination or something, but I thought when we had the ball we didn't miss Milsom and played just as well, different when Crawley had the ball though, their first shot in anger went in.
    No we definitely didn't drop performance wise, if not we improved but the players I thought last night worked their socks off. I guess Husin will get the nod now, I am a big fan of his and he might actually be ok next to Hewitt and with Alexandra just in front of them. A win Sat and I think a few of us will start to get very excited again lol, regardless of that performances compared to the likes of Yeovil and Forest Green have drastically improved under Kewell. Well done to Fitz aswell he has shown some fight to put in some very decent performances of late.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    No we definitely didn't drop performance wise, if not we improved but the players I thought last night worked their socks off. I guess Husin will get the nod now, I am a big fan of his and he might actually be ok next to Hewitt and with Alexandra just in front of them. A win Sat and I think a few of us will start to get very excited again lol, regardless of that performances compared to the likes of Yeovil and Forest Green have drastically improved under Kewell. Well done to Fitz aswell he has shown some fight to put in some very decent performances of late.
    I've been critical of Fitzsimons, but past couple of games he has been a lot more commanding and has been leaving his line a lot more, really helping the defence. It's like he hit rock bottom and decided that he'd just do it. A couple of question marks over his technique where he had his legs wide open and just his hands with the ball but very much improved from him so well done! Think we'll miss Milsom, Allesandra in front harrasing will be helpful but think I'd prefer Kellet in there for a touch of steel and tackling/harrasing, failing that, many Vaughan can do a job with two others next to him?

Husin is more like Vaughan than Milsom though, there's a reason we brought him back, we were missing a player like him and only have Hewitt that's in a similar mould. Husin is pants defensively but when he's on form he can pick out a pass, keep us flowing and has a decent shot on him. When he's not on form he tends to try hollywood balls too often that just don't work. I'm a fan of his and he will probably get the nod on Saturday but he's not the kind of player you want alongside Hewitt in what is effectively a defensive midfielder role.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Husin is more like Vaughan than Milsom though, there's a reason we brought him back, we were missing a player like him and only have Hewitt that's in a similar mould. Husin is pants defensively but when he's on form he can pick out a pass, keep us flowing and has a decent shot on him. When he's not on form he tends to try hollywood balls too often that just don't work. I'm a fan of his and he will probably get the nod on Saturday but he's not the kind of player you want alongside Hewitt in what is effectively a defensive midfielder role.
    I'm wondering if Kellet will be pushed into there (if he's not injured?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123