+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What The Hell Was That ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Why was Jacob Brown benched ? That will do his confidence good , scores his first senior goal in a 3-1 away win ? Poor selections tonite Herr Stendel
    Immensely disappointed with that from Stendel , I take the point he's a young kid and you have to manage his energy levels but I still think he should have started tonight .

I’d agree with all you said in the opening post Animal..... I wasn’t overly impressed with Brown at Fleetwood if I’m honest, he was FAR better at Scunny. As I’ve said in an earlier thread, why not concede a free kick on the edge of the box rather than let him get a shot off..... I’d like to see stats about how many times this season we have had an opposition player walk the ball accross the edge of the box and been given time to take a punt on a shot.....
    Potts’ appearance at least produced a bit of driving through midfield, which is what we’ve been missing..........
    And the question mark in my head tonight is “Why after spraying the ball about and dragging their midfield and defence around the Park for the first 15 Minutes did we suddenly revert again to playing down the left side ONLY after scoring......?? The cross field balls to the right were resulting in good byeline crosses and chances across goal in the first 15.... then it stopped and we were bogged down in the tippy tappy stuff along the West Stand side.....we struggled to get the ball to space.... is it because they pay more on that side that we have to do this between minutes 15 and 35? .... Masters of Our own downfall......

Again .

Expectations need to be lowered by some fans, we’ve played well 2 maybe 3 times this season been bang average at best in all other games

We have a team with huge Championship experienced players with 3 of them costing something in the combined region of £3 million plus[Moore, Thiam,Potts] but the fans should lower their expectations
    No sir it would be more appropriate if the club/team raised their standards
    We've apparently just put in yet another abysmal performance this time against the bottom club who according to reports, out played us
    For years fans have been forced to lower their expectations ,why should that continue it's long overdue that the fans should be demanding success at this level
    If fans lower expectations guess what they'll get?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 03-10-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Absolutely abysmal display by Tarn. Could have gone in 3-1 down at half time if there striker were any better than ours.
    Mama is just pants, can't even do the basic stuff right and holds onto the ball too long when the pass should be given earlier.
    There goal was a soft one and seemed to take an eternity to cross over the line. Why did no-one put in a tackle?
    Hard to see us getting a top 2 finish with these kinds of performances and we've not played the big boys of the league yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    We have a team with huge Championship experienced players with 3 of them costing something in the combined region of £3 million plus[Moore, Thiam,Potts] but the fans should lower their expectations
    We've apparently just put in yet another abysmal performance this time against the bottom club who according to reports, out played us
    For years fans have been forced to lower their expectations ,why should that continue it's long overdue that the fans should be demanding success at this level
    Bang on the money .

If we can't challenge for the top two with one of the biggest budgets and decent attendances for this level then that is simply not good enough .

We've already had to accept our Championship days are difficult and lower our ambitions at that level .

The bar has to be set somewhere and top two with a play off place as a compromise is where it is in my opinion .

This isn't arrogance it's just what is right to expect with the way football is today and finance .

£8m squad in the third tier and lowering our expectations , absolutely not .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Lower expectations as in some think we will just walk the league .

The Championship players we have got us relegated from the Championship so they’re level is probably league 1

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post

The Championship players we have got us relegated from the Championship so they’re level is probably league 1

Like Sunderland then?

& then there's Portsmouth

The performance was poor, that's true but had we taken our chances we'd have won the game comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post

Top six league one though surely ESR ?

If we use the size and finance of clubs in the championship as the reason we can't compete anymore then a league lower where we enjoy greater advantages can't be just shrugged off .

We can't have it both ways .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast