+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Too much “deadwood” in the squad

Too much “deadwood” in the squad

Thiam, Cavare, Moncur, Hedges, Isgrove, Mowatt, Pinillos etc etc

Some of those players have been at the club a good couple of years now and they’ve had more than enough chances.

This squad is not good enough to challenge for promotion this season. A year or two of consolidating is more likely.

Tonight was pathetic, and dare I say it, the manager was mostly to blame.

Pinillos ? Thar not reyt , he's been one of our better players , and Cavare hasn't done too bad , although like the rest tonight he was poor, Pinnilos will be a big loss if he's out for any length of time,

Not got to grips with Bradshaw leaving , he was a v ital cog in this system with the work he put it , not often recognised dare I say .

Changed the whole balance of the team for me , whether Woodrow can fill his shoes remains to be seen .

It's the same as last season too many same type of play midfielders and a thin bare striking force it wants sorting in January else we're going nowhere

The midfield is too sideways and backwards. I don't know why Mowatt doesn't work himself into shooting positions more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The midfield is too sideways and backwards. I don't know why Mowatt doesn't work himself into shooting positions more often.
    There was a bit more interchanging going on last night , players did move around more and not stick rigidly to their starting positions , it didn't come off but it was pleasing to see none the less .

Mowatt's lack of pace could be exposed if he pushes up too much and we lose the ball maybe steve .

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post

Some of those players have been at the club a good couple of years now and they’ve had more than enough chances.

This squad is not good enough to challenge for promotion this season. A year or two of consolidating is more likely.

This team will be promoted as the bookies have predicted and why have they predicted this? Because " WE HAVE KIEFFER MOORE PLAYING FOR US".

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post

What exactly do you mean by consolidating?
    My understanding is hanging around mid table achieving nowt with better players leaving before we do
    & repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What exactly do you mean by consolidating?
    My understanding is hanging around mid table achieving nowt with better players leaving before we do
    & repeat
    Building a squad capable of competing in the Championship, because this squad of players wouldn't be able to compete at all. So in the meantime play more young uns, get rid of as much deadwood as possible whilst looking at better replacements. It's not an overnight job so will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Pinillos ? Thar not reyt , he's been one of our better players , and Cavare hasn't done too bad , although like the rest tonight he was poor, Pinnilos will be a big loss if he's out for any length of time,
    Agree