+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatever you think of Steve Bruce ...

Whatever you think of Steve Bruce ...

...his tactics, coaching, whether he should stay or go, the poor man does not deserve to have a cabbage thrown at him. Bad enough after a match, but before? Really sets manager and players up in the right frame of mind for the match ahead.

To the 'fan' that did that, please remember Bruce showed up and carried on right after losing his father, with his mother seriously ill, when Villa needed him. He agreed to stay and fight in the summer when it looked like all he might have left on his team might be a pair of Terry's old shoe laces.

Rant over. Thank you.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 03-10-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Spot on Winnie

Agreed, Bruce must stay.

This is the kind of disgraceful thing that happens when you have a tesco next to your ground "fans" just think they can throw their big shop out the pram when things go wrong and that way they don't have to eat their five a day either.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Agreed, Bruce must stay.

This is the kind of disgraceful thing that happens when you have a tesco next to your ground "fans" just think they can throw their big shop out the pram when things go wrong and that way they don't have to eat their five a day either.
    Did you bang your head last night PeriodStain? Were you the cabbage that was thrown?

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Did you bang your head last night PeriodStain? Were you the cabbage that was thrown?
    Sam,

Consider this, in Tipton getting such a dipstick to howl knee-jerk hogwash is classed as “inspiring debate”.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    ...his tactics, coaching, whether he should stay or go, the poor man does not deserve to have a cabbage thrown at him. Bad enough after a match, but before? Really sets manager and players up in the right frame of mind for the match ahead.

To the 'fan' that did that, please remember Bruce showed up and carried on right after losing his father, with his mother seriously ill, when Villa needed him. He agreed to stay and fight in the summer when it looked like all he might have left on his team might be a pair of Terry's old shoe laces.

Rant over. Thank you.
    With you 100% Winnie.
    I actually quite like SB, I'd love a pint or ten with him, I just don't want him managing AVFC.

Just announced he has had the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    With you 100% Winnie.
    I actually quite like SB, I'd love a pint or ten with him, I just don't want him managing AVFC.
    Just heard the news, thanks, abbrobrom.

Yes, he's a likeable guy, Exiled. A lot of good old fashioned qualities. I know you've had concerns about him being our manager for a good while, but you've never been disrespectful, which was what made me angry last night.

Oh well, let's hope our new manager doesn't get too giddy on the Villa merry go round.

Thank you, Mr Bruce, and all the very best for the future.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 03-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.

A good man im sure but very stubbourn and stuck in the 80s, football today has out grown his main attributes, i remember blues fans calling for his head because of the style of football, now thats saying something.
    His poor tactics, public falling out with players, constantly reminding us how good he was and finally having a go at the fans. Saying we would be there or there abouts sums up his ambition really. No, nice guy but in the end lost the plot. I would have had so much more respect for him had he actually resigned. I still will not forgive him for being responsible for thst no show at Wembley. He could have become a legend to us but now just another has been.

Good luck for the future Steve.

Oh get out of it. I'm not buying all this ooooooh what a lovely bloke etc. Some of you gave potato head loads of stick and called for his head most weeks. He lost both parents this year, stuck about when the club was financially going under and delt with a rediculously unsettling summer with the financial issues.
    Good luck Bruce!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)