+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever you think of Steve Bruce ...

I never felt the need to resort to personal insults Bong.
    Yes I thought he was very, very unsuitable for the job, like Dave, Wembley was the final nail for me.
    Unlike you, I’ve never called him Potato head, and sympathised when he lost his father around the same time that I lost mine. But I had to return to work,as we all do, and I would still have been sacked had I messed up.
    All this tosh about the summer??? He sent out Clarke, Sulliman and Elphick on loan AFTER the takeover, having previously lost Samba and Terry; and did not replace them. He’s brought in Mcginn, Tammy, Bolassie, Zebedee (at rb) and 2 sh1te keepers, all since the takeover, and still we’re clueless.

He is indeed a nice chap, but nice doesn’t cut it in the professional world if you’re not up to the remit mate, whether sports or industry.

Bongo, Bruce will always be potato head to me, its what ive always called him even from his City daze! But i called for his head and now im happy because it means i can go down the church again. I meant it when i said the other night, i would not go back to watch his style of football, it was killing me.
    But i do wish him well infact i hope he becomes the Olbion manager once they hace dispenced of Darron Moore, now he has manager of the month. We all know that is a curse.

Fair point Exile you always did have a balanced opinion on Bruce. I wouldn't class you as a cabbage thrower. I reckon freer threw the cabbage! possibly Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Fair point Exile you always did have a balanced opinion on Bruce. I wouldn't class you as a cabbage thrower. I reckon freer threw the cabbage! possibly Dave.
    Nice one banjo that's the funniest thing I have read in ages as the nearest freer gets to your ground is by looking at old pictures randomly put up by posters on here of times gone by.

He obviously has not got the time to go as he has to scour the Internet for tedious cartoons.

If i had to lower myself Bongo and throw something at Bruce then it would not be a cabbage, maybe a Maris Piper Potato but definately not a king Edward, that would be treason!

I was reading this article in the Yorkshire Post, and it pretty much sums up how I feel about what's happened. Yes, managers have to expect criticism, but abuse, no. It's more than about a single idiot throwing a cabbage, it's about the whole toxic atmosphere that we create by going completely over the top in our response to our team's form, and the impact it has on the squad. It's just really really horrible. We're all accountable in our jobs, but I suspect no-one here has to work to a chorus of boos.

It's just left a really sour taste in my mouth, and I'm struggling to work up much enthusiasm for a new manager. How long til this happens all over again?

Link to article

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....t-us-1-9383918

Agree MW and have to admit some of our fans are getting a bad reputation which reflects on the club in a bad bad way, we have Cabbage gate, fans fighting each ither, oitch invasions, fans with dildos stuck on their heads, no one has mentioned the fan the ither night who ran on tge pitch after tge first gial with his oants and trousers down by his knees! Im reading in other sites now that the cabbage will become the equivilent of boxings throwing the white towel in the ring. Basically, when we think the manager should go the obligatory cababbage will decend from the stands. Why dont we just the hole way and get the stocks out, and place the managers head in there for the holte end to throw rotten veg at him? I wonder sometimes, what would happen if the Manager was a woman? I think all the abuse would stop just as it has with the Lines person. Villa fans need to get smarter. I suggest a bit of humour, after every match numbered cards are held up just like in 'Strictly' the team and the manager would get the messsge putting an end to booing and throwing missiles. Could you imagine Craig RH booing and throwing a cabbage at the celebrities?? Umm interesting!

West Midlands Police have released this picture,with a warning

"Not to approach these half-wits ¬ we believe this to be just the tip of the iceberg"

How the hell did he get through our over zealous, touchy feely stewards?

'Is that a cabbage in your pocket sir, or are you just pleased to see me?'

Lifetime ban for the fan and sack the steward. Replay the CCTV and find both culprits, how hard can it be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)