+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: St Midden roll call & ****

Must admit when I heard the team I nearly turned the car round and went home so delighted to get a comfortable win in the end.

Started slowly, but last 20 mins of first half were very good. Second half was a training match really.

A few players worth a mention:

Young McLennan was excellent - skilful, direct and a superb goal. Great debut loon, you should be proud of that. Let’s hope the injury is not too bad. Defo deserves another run out after that.

Lowe - also excellent, great getting up and down the left side and got a goal. The boy looks like a proper full back so please just leave him in there when everyone’s back.

Ball - has got very few mentions so far but he was superb in the holding midfield role today. Dominated in there all day. First class performance. He’s way superior to Gleeson. Keep him in that DM role and he’ll do for me. I’d be more than happy for us to sign him permanently.

GMS - good again today. Our best player so far this season. Keep it up loon.

Cosgrove - well done son. 2 goals delivered by your main striker is always job done. First header was a peach. Let’s hope that boosts his confidence and he kicks on from here. Did well today.

Shinnie - much better and more like himself, snapping into tackles and pressing well in midfield. More of that please.

Only negatives were forrester who did sweet f’uck all after coming on and Gleeson who also did nowt except cost us a goal. Today showed why they are nowhere near a starting slot. Sums up DM’s summer window really - very disappointing.

9 out injured is ridiculous. It also seems that most of our injuries this season are happening at training so maybe DM needs to take a look at what he’s doing there?

Good win though in the circumstances so hopefully the break will let us get a few back as Tynecastle will be a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    St Midden have shown on two trip to us this season that they are by far and away the poorest team we have faced for a long long time and we are not likely to come up against that sort of sheer sh1te very often this season.
    I'm chuffed with a 4-1 win for sure I am, but we are still miles short of where we need to be, and its very concerning, Gleeson's pass for the St Mirren goal was seriously something from a sunday pub league game. Donkey's second goal was a sclaff that any half decent keeper should be stopping very easily every day of the week, that was a howler.
    Donkeys first goal was a cracker I'll give that as well as great cross from Logan. Mclennan's was also a belter (well done loon) Lowe's was just a comedy of errors with the ball bopping about in the box like it was pinball machine. So lets not get carried away as St Midden are utter mince.
    Great three points and great to be heading into the international break on the back of a very much need win.
    Jambos are next up after the break, that will be a different kettle of fish all together, lets see how we get on then.

SF
    The !oon scores a couple of goals and you refer to him as donkey. You really are a spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    The !oon scores a couple of goals and you refer to him as donkey. You really are a spanner
    Some people have a different point of view....dont p!sh your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Some people have a different point of view....dont p!sh your pants.
    I'm not suggesting he is Van Basten but when the loon plays well and scores a couple of goals we should be getting behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    For the Shinnie incident, i'd say it should have been a free-kick not a penalty. The pulling starts outside the box, and continues into the box and definitely impedes upon the shot Shinnie takes. Of course the ref gives nothing however which is just nonsense!
    If a foul (shirt pull) starts outside and continues into the box, then it should have been a pen

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I think the majority on here think he is a donkey but were happy with him scoring two goals yesterday. Let’s see how he does against Hearts before we think he is a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think the majority on here think he is a donkey but were happy with him scoring two goals yesterday. Let’s see how he does against Hearts before we think he is a world beater.
    World beaters do not play in the SPFL ,never mind for the once michty.
    Genuinely hope the young loon kicks on, we win easily but sadly that is not good enough for the usual suspects on here....ZZzzzzz

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Genuinely hope the young loon kicks on, we win easily but sadly that is not good enough for the usual suspects on here....ZZzzzzz

SF
    I don’t think anyone had slated him for his performance at the weekend...most are quite happy he managed to score a couple of goals. In fairness I reckon even you yourself dressed in your plus fours and full of the club house finest could score against that St.Mirren team.

(Only joking about your golfing outfit as an Aberdeen strip would be required. Full of the club house finest still stands though)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t think anyone had slated him for his performance at the weekend...most are quite happy he managed to score a couple of goals. In fairness I reckon even you yourself dressed in your plus fours and full of the club house finest could score against that St.Mirren team.

(Only joking about your golfing outfit as an Aberdeen strip would be required. Full of the club house finest still stands though)
    Plus fours.......nah, had on shorts yesterday at St Andrews, hopefully will be wearing likewise in a couple of weeks down Costa Del Sol during a well deserved break, however, plus fours with a nice shirt/cashmere combo is perfectly acceptable, importantly though.....in Deek/Cozzy we trust.

SF

What about pink Pringle jerseys?

Dodgy game golf.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast