+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alloa Athletic

Alloa Athletic

Morning guys,

Myself and a couple of Darlington fans are travelling up for the game on Saturday as we aren't playing and we've picked your game as our random one to go to.

So, help?
    Where can we go for some half decent grub and couple of beers?
    What's the attendances normally like for this kind of football, like any decent atmosphere etc?

Cheers,
    See you Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDarloFC View Post
    Morning guys,

Myself and a couple of Darlington fans are travelling up for the game on Saturday as we aren't playing and we've picked your game as our random one to go to.

So, help?
    What's the attendances normally like for this kind of football, like any decent atmosphere etc?

Cheers,
    See you Saturday.

If you’re after great food and good beer then head to the Cavens Arms which is only a short walk to the ground. The attendance on Saturday will be no higher than 1,500 as Alloa won’t bring much of a support.
    Enjoy your day folks

Morning guys,

So, help?

Cheers,
    See you Saturday.
    If coming without young children,the best place to eat is Cavens Arms,which is a seven minute walk from the ground.
    Cheap beer is Robert the Bruce wetherspoon on the same street.Attendance....expect around 1200/1300(ish)

Morning guys,

So, help?

Cheers,
    See you Saturday.
    The Queens fans will either be in the New Bazaar or the Devorgilla bars - just bevvy no food but both near Palmerston
    otherwise go to the ground and have a meal in the Queens Arena cafe and a bevvy in the QOS Social Club

Morning guys,

So, help?

Cheers,
    See you Saturday.
    if your driving over via a66 I think the road is closed at brough , Kirby Stephen to Penrith weekend closure so you have to go down to tebay and then go north up the M6 so it might be quicker going up A1 then a69

Don't know if you are coming via train,but if so..
    When leaving the station,turn left and you will see The Waverley Bar on the corner at the traffic lights.Past there and by the Cairndale Hotel is Slipstream on the right hand side of the road.Carry on past there to the junction and you have DickiesBar across the road (which usually has Queens fans in pre match) and The Granary to the right which has decent grub.Down the road from Dickies are The Barrel,The Queensberry Hotel the The Globe Inn,the last two do food.Along the High Street going towards the ground is the Hole I' the Wa' also doing food.Next is the aforementioned Wetherspoons and Cavens Arms which is the best place for "pub grub"
    The New Bazaar mentioned is on the riverside along with the Coach and Horses and the Worlds End.Just across the river are the nearest pubs to the ground and are all within 50 yards of each other. These being The Devorgilla,The Globe Market square(Jurassic park!)Queens fans in both.The Salutation and The Spread Eagle.None of those doing food though.That is a selection of pubs although there are a few others which are mostly to be avoided.
    If pub grub ain't your scene there are various cafes in the town centre.
    Where ever you decide to go I hope you enjoy your day and that you may be tempted to come back to see the Supersouth some time in the future.
    Last edited by Bagapapa; 04-10-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doontheroad View Post
    if your driving over via a66 I think the road is closed at brough , Kirby Stephen to Penrith weekend closure so you have to go down to tebay and then go north up the M6 so it might be quicker going up A1 then a69
    https://www.trafficdelays.co.uk/a66-traffic-delays/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)