+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amalgamation

amalgamation

Is it now time for both Dundee clubs to join together? Both teams are struggling and unlikely to win anything of note.crowds are dwindling slowly but surely and supporters would rather do other things with their money.I wouldn't want to see it but maybe our Yankee owners might.

If you want to kill football in this city then yes, can’t see 50% off the support of each team going to watch a city team, especially older fans,

Chances of winning league have always been very low, but plenty teams have won a cup in recent years, even s trip to Europe would do

I would never set foot in a pro football ground again in this country and wouldn't go to juniors or anything.

It would probably encourage me to spend more of the winter away and would maybe start to go and see a Spanish or Portuguese side.

If we took them over and euthanized them, then that's different.

Never ever got the argument for one Dundee team, crowds wouldn't increase to competitive levels it would maybe make relegation less than a constant fear but then again maybe not.

I do fear though the stadium will never happen and we will end up at tannadice for a few years before there's an amalgamation.

I can't stand sharing the air I breathe with those of a dab persuasion, never mind a ground, colours and a team.

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I would never set foot in a pro football ground again in this country and wouldn't go to juniors or anything.

It would probably encourage me to spend more of the winter away and would maybe start to go and see a Spanish or Portuguese side.

If we took them over and euthanized them, then that's different.

Never ever got the argument for one Dundee team, crowds wouldn't increase to competitive levels it would maybe make relegation less than a constant fear but then again maybe not.

I do fear though the stadium will never happen and we will end up at tannadice for a few years before there's an amalgamation.

I can't stand sharing the air I breathe with those of a dab persuasion, never mind a ground, colours and a team.

Not for me.
    It would be the same for , supported the Dee's all my life, my dad brainwashed me from birth and my son is the same.
    Even my grandson trains with Dundee.
    Think that would be me finished watching football in Dundee.

As a 3rd generation Dee, I would see an amalgamation as a good excuse for a break point when I give up on Scottish football and just spend my money taking in the occasional game in England and Europe.

A new merged team would mean nothing to me, only interested in a team called Dundee playing in Dark Blue, anything else is not for me.

absolutely ffffffnn not

if the yanks were to think that way then il be right around to fermer giles small holding to borrow a pitch fork

ffuukkkk that

IMO this should be considered, and once the views are known it will be obvious that it should be rejected. There is no way that a Dundee City team will ever be stronger than an Aberdeen or Hearts or Hibs team, IMO. For 30 years the OF have dominated Scottish football and the powers that be are in their pockets. The game is totally loaded against all the other teams and as Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are finding out it is impossible to beat teams who have much much greater resources over a whole season.

As has been said a cup win is about the best we can hope for. There is no point in an amalgamated team. You may eventually end up with about 7k of support and still never have enough money to compete.

I'd much rather watch DFC in the Championship than watch an amalgamated club struggling in the SPFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    IMO this should be considered, and once the views are known it will be obvious that it should be rejected. There is no way that a Dundee City team will ever be stronger than an Aberdeen or Hearts or Hibs team, IMO. For 30 years the OF have dominated Scottish football and the powers that be are in their pockets. The game is totally loaded against all the other teams and as Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are finding out it is impossible to beat teams who have much much greater resources over a whole season.

As has been said a cup win is about the best we can hope for. There is no point in an amalgamated team. You may eventually end up with about 7k of support and still never have enough money to compete.

I'd much rather watch DFC in the Championship than watch an amalgamated club struggling in the SPFL.
    Won't be up to us, it will be up to a Texan and a future Australian (Mon the jets).

It shudnt even be considered b cram.

For example a Tully poll wud ask people who never go, never been for 30 years, politicians and the council.....suddenly the things got momentum.

I don't think it's that far fetched a notion for it too happen.

Apart from loathing the Dabs one of the reasons I genuinely want them to die is whether it's amalgamation or survival of the fittest I can only see one team playing out of Dundee in the next decade.

The choices are an amalgamet team, DFC (the citys team) or the dabs who happen to play in Dundee.

Jim McLean wanted us dead, The Thompson's wanted us dead and a large percentage of the dab support wanted us dead, sfl wanted us dead and it would have suited the council and the spl if we died....we survived it all, 125 years not out.

**** giving any of that up for the square root of **** all and empty promises of a competing club that nobody would have any emotional tie to.

It's simple....GDSDD.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    absolutely ffffffnn not

if the yanks were to think that way then il be right around to fermer giles small holding to borrow a pitch fork

ffuukkkk that
    I keep a pitchfork at the shed door but it's to jab the postie to pick up the elastic bands, hopefully never have to use it to march on dens.

I think all this amalgamation crap has started because the dabs are struggling and don't have a pot to piss in and we are bottom of the league.
    We have been in more dire predicaments than being bottom of the league and still survived, as for the dabs, they have only been relegated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)