Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers v Wasps

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Sure the 3 goals all came from the lefthand side (again) Marshall hasn't looked the same player defensivly this season and other teams are targeting this area.
    There are many points from this match.
    1. Should Dobbie be brought into the Scotland squad?
    2. Why is Connor Murray not given any game time?
    3. Is Martin good enough at this level? He has never been able to come for cross balls.

Sure the 3 goals all came from the lefthand side (again) Marshall hasn't looked the same player defensivly this season and other teams are targeting this area.
    I have to agree that the left hand side does seem a weakness and this was the area that Partick exploited against us as it seemed that Alloa had also worked out our vulnerability from this side of the pitch. You have got to say that Alloa were terrific pressurising us from the start and the quality of their crossing was superb but in saying all this we have to defend better. Other than the maestro himself no one else gained pass marks and we seemed to be off the pace for the majority of the game. Imagine the mess we would be in without Dobbie and why more of the Dumfries public do not seem interested in this goalscoring machine is simply beyond comprehension. All of his goals yesterday were pure brilliant.

[QUOTE=Spikefaethesouth;39033602]I have to agree that the left hand side does seem a weakness and this was the area that Partick exploited against us as it seemed that Alloa had also worked out our vulnerability from this side of the pitch. You have got to say that Alloa were terrific pressurising us from the start and the quality of their crossing was superb but in saying all this we have to defend better.

Yes all the goals came from queens left side but I feel a bit sorry for Marshall. In the last 2 goals he was left dealing with 2 players as Stirling was either pushed into the centre of the park by the sidelines or he took it upon himself to wonder. Either way it left Marshall exposed in both goals as he had no cover in front of him allowing the alloa players time to get crosses in. It didn't just happen at the goals. It happened throughout the first half. So imo to blame Marshall for these goals is a bit harsh

Owen Bell doesn't seem to be getting any game time either as well as Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Owen Bell doesn't seem to be getting any game time either as well as Murray.
    Yes but Murray has featured around 40 times for the first team the last 2/3 seasons.

[QUOTE=fatfan;39033696]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I have to agree that the left hand side does seem a weakness and this was the area that Partick exploited against us as it seemed that Alloa had also worked out our vulnerability from this side of the pitch. You have got to say that Alloa were terrific pressurising us from the start and the quality of their crossing was superb but in saying all this we have to defend better.

Yes all the goals came from queens left side but I feel a bit sorry for Marshall. In the last 2 goals he was left dealing with 2 players as Stirling was either pushed into the centre of the park by the sidelines or he took it upon himself to wonder. Either way it left Marshall exposed in both goals as he had no cover in front of him allowing the alloa players time to get crosses in. It didn't just happen at the goals. It happened throughout the first half. So imo to blame Marshall for these goals is a bit harsh
    Marshall let the cross come in far too easily for the second and Mercer ducked out of the header at the back post. The 3rd came from a cross from the right back. The man Sterling has to track. Sterling, again, went walk about.

We have a left and right back who are excellent going forward but terrible defenders. Add Harkins wide right and Sterling wide left who should track back and cover but never do it, then you can see exactly where the weak link is.

Yes but Murray has featured around 40 times for the first team the last 2/3 seasons.
    Murray has 45 appearances for Queens....
    9 in 2016-17, 31 in 2017-18 and 5 in 2018-19 so far

Bell has 15 appearances for Queens....
    3, 4 and 8 for Bell over the same three seasons.

It's true about the weakness on the left side but we also had about three chances to clear the ball for the first goal. Often think someone needs to take command when the ball is bouncing around the box. Either the keeper or central defenders need to shout more and get the ball out to safety.

Boy are we getting entertained well this season. Just a pity that there are not more there to enjoy it. I was feeling near exhausted come the end of this game which could have went either way right up to the final whistle.

Name:  IMG-20181006-WA0001.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  105.5 KBName:  IMG-20181006-WA0001.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  105.5 KB

It was meant to be one but here's two photos of the aftermath of Dobbie hat trick.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    It was meant to be one but here's two photos of the aftermath of Dobbie hat trick.

How on earth canít we get more fans though the gates to watch this footballing legend in action ?

Goodness knows why...

Was absolutely disgusted the stewards were instructed to remove the megaphone from the Young Team at the weekend. Reading on social media that some won’t be back. That’s the last thing we need with crowds alreay struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Was absolutely disgusted the stewards were instructed to remove the megaphone from the Young Team at the weekend. Reading on social media that some won’t be back. That’s the last thing we need with crowds alreay struggling.

I’ve seen megaphones used by supporters of other clubs so what’s the difference at Palmerston? Embarrassing stuff by the killjoys
    Last edited by johnny_dumfries; 09-10-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Name:  IMG-20181009-WA0001.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  97.2 KB

The above is from todays Standard. How ironic that the boss is praising the young fans while the safety officer is trying to kill the atmosphere. He is saying that the megaphone could interfere with his own although I have never in my 40 years at Palmerston heard anyone of authority using one . Lets be honest, if it wasn't for these lads then Palmerston would be like a morgue . Yes, they have a few 'dafties' but we were all that age once as well. Messrs Blount and Hewittson should be doing everything they can to encourage them to come instead of letting a jobsworth use his influence. I've no doubt that he is a nice enough man but these type of positions attract certain people. If he wasnt doing this then the safety officer would be a car park attendent. Would they be happy if there was complete and utter silence at Palmerston so he can hear his megaphone that I've never heard ?

On the other hand , I've got something to say to these lads incase any of them drop in here to browse. I hear a few of you have vowed to not come back to Palmerston. If you are going to let someone with the power to remove your megaphone put you off then you need to man right up. Life is going to throw a lot of googlies at you , especially growing up in modern day Britain. If you throw a strop at such incidents at this then god help you as grow up and enter the real world.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 09-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Why doesnt everyone just sing louder and they wouldn't need a megaphone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast