+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers v Wasps

What's happened to Connor Murray is he out of favour with the manager? He hasn't featured very much from the bench lately considering he is currently our most experienced sub.

Well, what a game in the end up. Queens just couldn't get going at all as Alloa hounded the life out of them in the first half. I swear they were like men possessed and it took another wonder strike from Dobbie to get us back in the game, quickly followed by another. The second half was a hum dinger as we pressed but Alloa also hit us hard on the break. Took a wonder save by Martin to rescue a point in the end up . As said above , Alloa are no slouches and will give plenty bloody noses this season. The genius that is Dobbie will get all the praise but I thought Mercer also had a great game with some determined play down the right side. Well done Scott !

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    You have to use your subs wisely or you may end up playing with 10 men fir the closing minutes
    Not usually though. Subs more than often try to impact on the match.

I am sorry to disagree but Mercer was not good today. Lost his man for both goals and was given a torrid time by the Alloa 15 who I must say was a very decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I am sorry to disagree but Mercer was not good today. Lost his man for both goals and was given a torrid time by the Alloa 15 who I must say was a very decent player.
    Thats football for you , different opinions. Thought he attacked very well with surging runs especially second half.

A cracking match. Alloa impressed me today but it is certainly 2 points dropped.
    Dobbie is just brilliant, 3 excellent strikes.
    Harkins I hope has not too serious an injury but he done hee haw before going off.
    Both Marshall and Mercer were poor in my view and it was only Dobbie, Doyle and
    Semple who got pass marks from me.
    Martin did make an excellent save near the end turning the ball onto the post but
    we need a more assured No1.
    Watching Dobbie is a delight and worth the entrance money alone.
    I thought the Ref today had a very good first half , letting play flow and giving
    the advantage to the attacking team but in the last 20 mins he lost it, he let Alloa
    away with a lot of blatant tugging,pulling and hand balls which could have cost us
    a point and likely denied us all 3.

Mercer is the weak link in the defence. If anytime there is a defensive mistake its usually always down the right. He's just not a natural right back IMO. Just can't deal with players who run at him.
    In contrast he's brilliant coming forwards so to me his natural position would be right wing.

As for today, Dobbie got us out of jail big time. Too many players having a off day.

For all the praise I doubt Alloa will be going 3 nil up by half time away from home in the championship too many times this season.
    Fair play to the fans for staying onside when they could have easily turned after we went 3 down.
    With our fire power there is always the belief there and it was proven.

Just to add, probably what cost us not winning this game was half time coming at the wrong time when we had them on the ropes. We never really regained the momentum even though we equalised.

Brilliant comeback and entertaining but against Alloa at home it's a disappointing result.

Alloa were only 3-2 ahead at half time.

Sorry, score 3 goals by half time.

Sure the 3 goals all came from the lefthand side (again) Marshall hasn't looked the same player defensivly this season and other teams are targeting this area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)