+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You may not like her and her dance was pure cringe but maybe just maybe she was mocking herself end of the day it doesn't really matter does it ?!

As for Brexit lets just wait and see what happens you know about as much as everyone else which in reality is not much.
    Corrrct. There is too much doom and gloom and scaremongering going off which I do not think is in the spirit of democracy and is disresepectful to the vote of the British people. This is a concern regardless of whether people voted leave or remain.

I respect Teresa May more than many politicians because whilst she was on the side of remain she has respected the vote of the British people and at least is trying to implement the vote which was to leave the EU. Whether it’s the right deal or not we don’t yet know and that can and should be debated, discusssd and agreed in parliament.

It should not be finalised at the ballot box, which is what those politicians who do not respect the outcome of the vote that the people they serve made want to happen to try and reverse the decison to get their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That woman, given all the money and advice at her disposal, cannot even dress properly. Did she actually think that sashaying onto the platform as a dancing queen made her look majestic or vaguely iconic?
    My vote to remain I have made no secret of. This country is about to make a mistake that will seriously scar its future history (to use an oxymoron).
    However, if I was a convinced leaver and took a hard look at the pillock who is leading the charge (not to mention the wassock who is setting himself up as an alternative leader), I would despair.
    Oh, and the offering on the Labour benches is no better. We are screwed, I tell you, absolutely screwed.
    No problem Sid .... enjoy your feelings of desperation ... I'm happy to be on the other side. What a great speech and nice to see a well behaved audience as opposed to the screaming placard waving mob present at Corbyn's conference.

She's still there and will be until we leave the cursed EU .... afterwards we'll see but I still back the lady until the next election. Also by the way, watch the Donald get his man appointed to the supreme court and win the mid terms which will give you even more despair. Life's good isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That woman, given all the money and advice at her disposal, cannot even dress properly. Did she actually think that sashaying onto the platform as a dancing queen made her look majestic or vaguely iconic?
    My vote to remain I have made no secret of. This country is about to make a mistake that will seriously scar its future history (to use an oxymoron).
    However, if I was a convinced leaver and took a hard look at the pillock who is leading the charge (not to mention the wassock who is setting himself up as an alternative leader), I would despair.
    Oh, and the offering on the Labour benches is no better. We are screwed, I tell you, absolutely screwed.

I would much rather dance to ABBA than the Keep The Red Flag Flying.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Corrrct. There is too much doom and gloom and scaremongering going off which I do not think is in the spirit of democracy and is disresepectful to the vote of the British people. This is a concern regardless of whether people voted leave or remain.

I respect Teresa May more than many politicians because whilst she was on the side of remain she has respected the vote of the British people and at least is trying to implement the vote which was to leave the EU. Whether it’s the right deal or not we don’t yet know and that can and should be debated, discusssd and agreed in parliament.

It should not be finalised at the ballot box, which is what those politicians who do not respect the outcome of the vote that the people they serve made want to happen to try and reverse the decison to get their own way.
    'There is too much doom and gloom and scaremongering going off'

This is a genuine question. Suppose those being accused of 'scaremongering' are right. They are in high positions - wouldn't it be irresponsible of them to just keep quiet and say nothing if they genuinely believe that bad things will happen?

I wanted to remain, but respect the vote and now want us out asap. However, I do get fed up that whenever anyone says anything at all which is slightly negative they are accused of scaremongering.

I've said it before - why are the Brexiters so worried about another vote? (not that I think there should be one). After all, Brexit is going to be the best thing ever - so surely all those who voted leave will do so again, along with all the 'leavers' who have now seen the light.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I would much rather dance to ABBA than the Keep The Red Flag Flying.
    Couldn't possibly disagree with you on that one, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    No problem Sid .... enjoy your feelings of desperation ... I'm happy to be on the other side. What a great speech and nice to see a well behaved audience as opposed to the screaming placard waving mob present at Corbyn's conference.

She's still there and will be until we leave the cursed EU .... afterwards we'll see but I still back the lady until the next election. Also by the way, watch the Donald get his man appointed to the supreme court and win the mid terms which will give you even more despair. Life's good isn't it?
    Of course he'll appoint 'his man' to the senate. He's a crook in charge of a corrupt government. However, I doubt you're right about the mid terms.
    So you're happy, are you that the climate change agenda is in disarray because of this disgraceful President?
    Not so long ago on here, you were downgrading May in favour of you know who.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'There is too much doom and gloom and scaremongering going off'

This is a genuine question. Suppose those being accused of 'scaremongering' are right. They are in high positions - wouldn't it be irresponsible of them to just keep quiet and say nothing if they genuinely believe that bad things will happen?

I wanted to remain, but respect the vote and now want us out asap. However, I do get fed up that whenever anyone says anything at all which is slightly negative they are accused of scaremongering.

I've said it before - why are the Brexiters so worried about another vote? (not that I think there should be one). After all, Brexit is going to be the best thing ever - so surely all those who voted leave will do so again, along with all the 'leavers' who have now seen the light.
    And also the Remainers who have seen the light?

The way I see Brexit is like when a football team is under performing and some fans suggest ripping it all up and starting again, bringing in an old school disciplinarian as new manager, public *******ings and days off cancelled. In other words simple solutions to what is probably a complicated problem, which rarely works but feels good as a way of letting off steam.

Then when it actually gets worse, people disassociate themselves from the choices they supported and blame the chairman for listening to them in the first place.

That is exactly what I expect to happen with Brexit.

I think right now we're at the beginning of the Paul Ince phase, where everything still seems possible, but actually five straight defeats then Carl Heggs are looming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    '

I would guess the answer to that question is the result would be different and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

In my opinion the public were not qualified to deal with something of this magnitude as the more you hear about Brexit the more confusing it gets !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I would guess the answer to that question is the result would be different and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

In my opinion the public were not qualified to deal with something of this magnitude as the more you hear about Brexit the more confusing it gets !
    Best of 3 I say What if the another referendum was 52/48 in favour of remain??? Also is we decided to remain we'd get an even worse deal than we had before we decided to leave. Do people really think we'd just carry on as if nothing happened??

I voted leave and would vote the same again.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast