+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Of course he'll appoint 'his man' to the senate. He's a crook in charge of a corrupt government. However, I doubt you're right about the mid terms.
    So you're happy, are you that the climate change agenda is in disarray because of this disgraceful President?
    Not so long ago on here, you were downgrading May in favour of you know who.
    The Senate? Kavanagh is a judge running to be on the Supreme Court, not the Senate. It will be the Senate who will appoint him.

Yes I was for Boris but after TM's condemnation of Russia over the Salisbury poisonings and her speech yesterday, she has toughened up a lot which all leaders need. Incidentally, as you don't think Trump will win the mid terms, how about £20 on it? It'll save me waiting another two years to collect our original bet. Climate change will get sorted ....irrespective of Donald .... eventually but not in our lifetimes so I ignore the ballyhoo.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 04-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The Senate? Kavanagh is a judge running to be on the Supreme Court, not the Senate. It will be the Senate who will appoint him.

Yes I was for Boris but after TM's condemnation of Russia over the Salisbury poisonings and her speech yesterday, she has toughened up a lot which all leaders need. Incidentally, as you don't think Trump will win the mid terms, how about £20 on it? It'll save me waiting another two years to collect our original bet. Climate change will get sorted ....irrespective of Donald .... eventually but not in our lifetimes so I ignore the ballyhoo.
    How are you defining winning the mid term elections?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I would guess the answer to that question is the result would be different and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

In my opinion the public were not qualified to deal with something of this magnitude as the more you hear about Brexit the more confusing it gets !
    It's very hard to trust anything a politician says, regarding staying in the EU. The public have been lied to for over 40 years and truth buried whilst the UK became entwined in the web of globalization.
    In all this time, we had one vote about remaining in the EU and no facts/truths were passed on to the public then. In fact they were buried by the elite and we have been treated like mushrooms ever since.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...British-public

So is it any surprise, that now the public has lashed out, these same people are spitting out any old drivel to continue scaring you?
    Doom and gloom goes both ways. The EU utopia isn't looking so wonderful either.

I would guess the answer to that question is the result would be different and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

In my opinion the public were not qualified to deal with something of this magnitude as the more you hear about Brexit the more confusing it gets !
    I don't know if the result would have "been different" but I am sure the question would be, like you I find Brexit more & more confusing but where do you draw the line between "the public" and the experts/ruling party? We have Professors in politics arguing on both sides so it is not based on intelligence, we have sid (the self confessed font of all wisdom on this site) telling us that we are dropping a *******, so nobody actually knows, I do find it slightly amusing that the Parties/Individuals who have set out to sabotage any agreement are now panicking because we now not get one, I don't pretend to know the outcome & I know that will have to pay a price ( but that would have happened if we had remained) so let's make the jump & see what happens.

It’s all very simple. Despite claims at the time, the 1975 referendum was overturned by the one in 2016, and that one will probably be overturned by a People’s Referendum in 2019, particularly in the light of increasing evidence of Russian interference.

The govt’s negotiating hand has always been terminally weakened by their own figures which tell us no deal will be an economic disaster, as well as the Northern Ireland situation, and many of the deal scenarios aren’t much better. Lots of people don’t seem to want to avail themselves of actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    How are you defining winning the mid term elections?
    I'm backing Trump to retain control of the Senate - the one that really matters. He could lose the House of Representatives where all seats are up for grabs but in the Senate as you may well know, The Dems are defending far more seats than the Republicans, so here they'll struggle. To fully answer your question, I don't hedge bets or fudge
    an issue so my belief is the GOP will win both - based purely on instinct as I did when I won a fiver against the odds when we decided to leave the EU.

i

You may not like her and her dance was pure cringe but maybe just maybe she was mocking herself end of the day it doesn't really matter does it ?!

As for Brexit lets just wait and see what happens you know about as much as everyone else which in reality is not much.
    Highly paid adviser: "Teresa, it might help if you make fun out of the fact you have no relatable human qualities, because that's probably what the country needs right now from its leader."

Never had we had such a useless bunch of idiots at the heart of UK politics. It's almost beyond parody now.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Highly paid adviser: "Teresa, it might help if you make fun out of the fact you have no relatable human qualities, because that's probably what the country needs right now from its leader."

Never had we had such a useless bunch of idiots at the heart of UK politics. It's almost beyond parody now.

I hear Venezuela is a nice place, ask Corbyn, he has lots of great politicial mates there, perhaps then we can call our leader.

Who knows what she has been told to do or not to do it was cringey as I stated but may have been in reference to her silly dance in Africa.

I agree most of them seem to be idiots and none are to be trusted if truth be told.

I mean the other option is Corbyn and Abbott haha

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    The way I see Brexit is like when a football team is under performing and some fans suggest ripping it all up and starting again, bringing in an old school disciplinarian as new manager, public *******ings and days off cancelled. In other words simple solutions to what is probably a complicated problem, which rarely works but feels good as a way of letting off steam.

Then when it actually gets worse, people disassociate themselves from the choices they supported and blame the chairman for listening to them in the first place.

That is exactly what I expect to happen with Brexit.

I think right now we're at the beginning of the Paul Ince phase, where everything still seems possible, but actually five straight defeats then Carl Heggs are looming on the horizon.
    Nice analogy, but actually I think it will be more like the Sam Allardyce experience. A very difficult beginning which will take longer than expected to fight through and will leave some doubting the appointment/decision, but when the lead weight of relegation (or in this case, Europe) is finally shaken off, we'll be on our way to the economic equivalent of the league title.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast