+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    On closer inspection you were ...... sorry, I should have replied to Sid's post not yours
    No worries Mr Serious, to be fair you didn't reply to my post but I thought it was addressed to me.

Anyway I'm up for the 20 pounds charity bet on Trump losing control of the House, do we have a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    But we get the opportunity to then hold the governing party to account for breaking their promises with a general election every five years (or more..) and regular local elections.

What's the harm in holding leave to account with a second referendum if it becomes clear that the promises made in the campaign haven't materialised once we've left? Surely that is democracy in action.
    Yes let’s hold another referendum in 2024 after 5 years that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Yes let’s hold another referendum in 2024 after 5 years that makes sense.
    Obviously the "People" think the EU would welcome us back with open arms after a future referendum. Muppets. Pity the "People" couldn't be arsed to get off their collective apathetic arse and vote remain in the first place. All the whinging and whining won't undo a result they couldn't be arsed to get involved in. Talk of a new referendum in 4 or 5 years after we leave? How about getting off the doom and friggin doom soapbox and try and make the friggin thing work?
    Have you ****ers no pride?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Obviously the "People" think the EU would welcome us back with open arms after a future referendum. Muppets. Pity the "People" couldn't be arsed to get off their collective apathetic arse and vote remain in the first place. All the whinging and whining won't undo a result they couldn't be arsed to get involved in. Talk of a new referendum in 4 or 5 years after we leave? How about getting off the doom and friggin doom soapbox and try and make the friggin thing work?
    Have you ****ers no pride?
    No back bone and some people enjoy being sheep. It makes their simple minds make sense.
    Conned in 74 with lies and refused to learn or question the morphing into the EU.
    I can only conclude that some folks enjoy being an ostrich as they didn't even come out in force to defend their corner.
    All they have done since is cry and squeal.

One thing is for sure, nothing will ever be the same again. The ones that said "enough" and voted against the super state con, have told the politicians it will not be walk in the park anymore. STOP LYING and do your jobs for the population and not yourselves.
    The Tories are playing it for a grapple for internal power. Labour loons are doing it to get the left into power, and cannot even give you a credible answer. The Lib dims never learn, even when the electorate decimates them.

A Line is drawn in the sand. A decision was made, now being spineless goons and get the best job done. It will bite you in the arse come election time if you do not. Playing poker isn't about chucking your cards in when someone gives you a dirty look.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 06-10-2018 at 08:36 PM.

I think whatever the leave deal will be there will be some difficult times ahead for a while and the remainers will have a field day with the 'I told you so' stories. But in the long term I think we will be much better off. Before I get hammered it is only my opinion.

Why do people have to bring it back to remoaners who wouldn't be any good in the trenches, spineless goons, no pride, quislings, and so on and so forth.

It's not a war, it's a political decision. Why not focus on the issues like trade, distribution of wealth and regulations?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think whatever the leave deal will be there will be some difficult times ahead for a while and the remainers will have a field day with the 'I told you so' stories. But in the long term I think we will be much better off. Before I get hammered it is only my opinion.
    Come on then i961, what is your best guess at 'the long term'? In other words, how long do you think it will take to 'turn the corner'?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Why do people have to bring it back to remoaners who wouldn't be any good in the trenches, spineless goons, no pride, quislings, and so on and so forth.

It's not a war, it's a political decision. Why not focus on the issues like trade, distribution of wealth and regulations?
    Driller, so many of the most devout leavers live in the past when Britain's position in the world was decided by her military conquests. They actually think the world can be like that again but they reckoned without the economic muscle of the BRIC nations, the lunacy that is now America and the sheer danger posed by Russia, North Korea and the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Why do people have to bring it back to remoaners who wouldn't be any good in the trenches, spineless goons, no pride, quislings, and so on and so forth
    Because that's the only hope they've got. There are no logical reasons why things will get better, so they cling to the hope that if we all man up, show some pride and act like true Brits then things will magically turn out ok.

Basically from the start its been pathetic. Even the politicians didnt have a clue what was involved all they talked about was controlling our borders. Now its just taking the pi## out of each other and point scoring as per usual. Its a massive thing and personally i think it should be cross parties decision of the 3 main party leaders together forget all the arguing its about getting the best deal. Whoever is in charge it wouldn't be good enough. This would get rid of all the silly days in parliament shouting at eachother and chuckling before they get fatter with a pub lunch.Personally i think may is ok and i have been brought up voting labour. At least for a tory she does seem to care about most people (well she says so but they are all liars)

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast