+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

OT: What a pillock

That woman, given all the money and advice at her disposal, cannot even dress properly. Did she actually think that sashaying onto the platform as a dancing queen made her look majestic or vaguely iconic?
    My vote to remain I have made no secret of. This country is about to make a mistake that will seriously scar its future history (to use an oxymoron).
    However, if I was a convinced leaver and took a hard look at the pillock who is leading the charge (not to mention the wassock who is setting himself up as an alternative leader), I would despair.
    Oh, and the offering on the Labour benches is no better. We are screwed, I tell you, absolutely screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That woman, given all the money and advice at her disposal, cannot even dress properly. Did she actually think that sashaying onto the platform as a dancing queen made her look majestic or vaguely iconic?
    My vote to remain I have made no secret of. This country is about to make a mistake that will seriously scar its future history (to use an oxymoron).
    However, if I was a convinced leaver and took a hard look at the pillock who is leading the charge (not to mention the wassock who is setting himself up as an alternative leader), I would despair.
    Oh, and the offering on the Labour benches is no better. We are screwed, I tell you, absolutely screwed.
    This is what happens when the PM is a remoaner. Bring on Boris!

Did you spend £10 of your index-linked Government-guaranteed ex-teachers pension to watch Notts on iFollow last night?....if so, what did you think of the Notts performance?

I think the whole debacle is just that, remain or leave the ‘house’ always wins as someone, not us, will get, or continue to get, super rich out of the pantomime. The people who wield the real power will have all angles covered in order to keep their empires intact.

As it happens I voted to leave. I don’t have a problem per-sey with the concept of an EU, especially with free movement to give just one example, but I have no faith whatsoever in the legibility of the crooks who are (placed?) in power there. Faceless and, it seems, beyond culpability, they are just another FIFA lining their own pockets at Europes expense.

It appears to me that whatever government gets into power, probably for many decades or even centuries now, are governed not by politicians but by money, or more succinctly by the interests of those who own all the money.

It may give us all something to get excited and righteous about, but I’m more and more of the opinion that politics is just a puppet show to keep the status quo whilst people get rich off it. We argue over the scraps as if it makes any difference.

To put it more bluntly, it’s all a load of boll-ocks.

Would that be a Left Hand Acme Thread Sidders.

Left or right would serve the purpose, Bridg4d.

Left or right would serve the purpose, Bridg4d.
    You appear to have missed my question above...I will re-phrase it for you......Notts were on iFollow last night for the measly sum of £10, did you watch the game? .....or are you still using this forum to peddle your political garbage without giving a toss about Notts?

You went to one league game last year, Grimsby, despite being only 115 miles away ...but posted 500 posts about left-wing politics....sad.....this season 6 of the Notts games are on the internet......of the three broadcasts to date, how many have you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I think the whole debacle is just that, remain or leave the ‘house’ always wins as someone, not us, will get, or continue to get, super rich out of the pantomime. The people who wield the real power will have all angles covered in order to keep their empires intact.

As it happens I voted to leave. I don’t have a problem per-sey with the concept of an EU, especially with free movement to give just one example, but I have no faith whatsoever in the legibility of the crooks who are (placed?) in power there. Faceless and, it seems, beyond culpability, they are just another FIFA lining their own pockets at Europes expense.

It appears to me that whatever government gets into power, probably for many decades or even centuries now, are governed not by politicians but by money, or more succinctly by the interests of those who own all the money.

It may give us all something to get excited and righteous about, but I’m more and more of the opinion that politics is just a puppet show to keep the status quo whilst people get rich off it. We argue over the scraps as if it makes any difference.

To put it more bluntly, it’s all a load of boll-ocks.
    Could not have put it better, a small number running the world through banks and large corporations, we are little more than cattle.

Firstly let’s look at the simple question that was asked back in 2016 to remind ourselves what it was;

“Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?”

“Remain a member of the European Union”
    “Leave the European Union”

The majority voted leave 51.9%. So a small majority.

What the result showed was a divided Britain. Unfortunately regardless of whether you voted remain or leave this division also runs deep through policians and parties themselves. Each politician with their own agenda or ideas, and some that do not appear to align with the result of their own constituents which is fine. What is not fine is when these said MP’s appear to ignore the result of the majority of their constituents in their area and spin it around and say yes but they did not vote for x,y,z. That’s happened both with remain and leave politicians. Again their constituents voted to leave or remain part of the EU.

This is where the problem has been in my view - a division across the politicial spectrum. After the result it needed parties and politicians to come together and work as a group to implement leaving the European Union. We almost needed a cross party committee or group to take ownership and charge. However this did not happen to my knowledge.

Personally I accept the result of the British people and that the majority (albeit small) voted to leave. What I don’t accept is politicians that are pushing for a second referendum, or spinning things along the lines of “the people did not know what they were voting for” because they won’t accept or respect the result and have tried to derail and scare monger throughout the process. It’s the same for big business and banks who have pushed their own agenda. The question was simple the people gave the politicians the mandate and it was their job to execute it.

It’s the politicians job to sort the best deal and terms of the deal on behalf of the British people. They should not have to go back out to the people and ask well we’ve messed around for two years and here’s what we’ve come up with. Are you sure you want us to implement this or shall we just forget this all together and remain a member of the EU?

It’s not the result that was the big mistake, the big mistake was the division amongst politicians that has remained over the past two years, and that they have not put their own agendas to one side and worked together to get the best deal for the people and for their country that they serve.

You may not like her and her dance was pure cringe but maybe just maybe she was mocking herself end of the day it doesn't really matter does it ?!

As for Brexit lets just wait and see what happens you know about as much as everyone else which in reality is not much.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast