+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Cameron and the tories fixed that one, breaking their 2015 manifesto pledge to allow all expats to vote.t.
    I must have missed Cameron being part of a Leave organisation.

Well, Cameron seems very comfortable with all the fall-out now, and keeps on getting spotted dining 1 to 1 with his old Eton and Bullingdon boy de Pfeffel after pretending to have been betrayed by him for a short time.

Cameron heading up the remain campaign seems ridiculous now and what a half-arsed job he did. The whole thing stinks. The British public are being had - again.

Another issue for me from last week is the media coverage. I saw the BBC doing for Johnson what Fox News did for Trump, giving him maximum coverage, excluding all other voices and by providing a platform for 1 candidate only, effectively making them leader. Same with Farage, let's see equal time for all non-cabinet, ex-foreign secretaries and all former UKIP leaders. Ex-Lib dem leaders, former home secretaries... When you see de Pfeffel and Farage on your screens again and again, ask yourself why him, why now?

Well, Cameron seems very comfortable with all the fall-out now, and keeps on getting spotted dining 1 to 1 with his old Eton and Bullingdon boy de Pfeffel after pretending to have been betrayed by him for a short time.

Cameron heading up the remain campaign seems ridiculous now and what a half-arsed job he did. The whole thing stinks. The British public are being had - again.
    Don’t let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory.

Cameron and Osborne - Prime Minister and Chancellor where strong remainders and leaders of Project Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Don’t let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory.

Cameron and Osborne - Prime Minister and Chancellor where strong remainders and leaders of Project Fear.
    No conspiracy theory - the facts are that our only other ex-PMs still alive Major, Blair and Brown are having their say.

Osborne's Evening Standard has to be careful with London being so pro-remain, but Osborne says Brexit cannot be stopped and has aligned himself with Gove. Cameron let the eurosceptics have free rein, gave them exactly what they wanted, now says diddly squat,
    apart from some mealy-mouthed stuff about it not being a disaster...

You make the point about their remain campaign, yes pretty piss poor, some negative campaigning but they never put the positive case for staying that their positions demanded. This all adds up with what the pair are saying or not saying now.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 06-10-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    A "majority" simply means "who got the most votes"...it's honestly as simple as that....
    What, like the 39% of the vote that you claimed was a majority?

No conspiracy theory - the facts are that our only other ex-PMs still alive Major, Blair and Brown are having their say.

Osborne's Evening Standard has to be careful with London being so pro-remain, but Osborne says Brexit cannot be stopped and has aligned himself with Gove. Cameron let the eurosceptics have free rein, gave them exactly what they wanted, now says diddly squat,
    apart from some mealy-mouthed stuff about it not being a disaster...

You make the point about their remain campaign, yes pretty piss poor, some negative campaigning but they never put the positive case for staying that their positions demanded. This all adds up with what the pair are saying or not saying now.
    I was hoping for a detailed debate from both sides during the Referendum campaign- I was sadly disappointed.

I was a leave voter before the debate and nothing from Remain changed my mind.

I was though disappointed in the leave campaign as well.
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 06-10-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Add

We're talking about something entirely different to carrying out manifesto pledges.

It's breaking electoral law in the leave campaign, all the blatant lies and randomly excluding the people most affected by the issue from having a vote.

These scandals should have no place in 'our democratic process'. It was illegal and should be rerun.
    I must have missed that headline on the news-Illegal referendum???

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You don't get it, do you? The 2/3 majority is required for a change from the status quo. Anything less means no change.
    If the vote had gone your way I doubt very much you would be shouting for 2/3 majority.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I must have missed that headline on the news-Illegal referendum???
    Don't be too hard on yourself, you can't expect to keep up on everything.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/br...rspend-n891931
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8451136.html
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/v...fine-lzvr2gx5d

Lots more coverage, but not the big splash if it had been something to do with Labour. So yeah, people may have missed it like you say. More of the media might return to it yet, I think some are waiting to see which way the wind blows on brexit.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast