+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    No back bone and some people enjoy being sheep. It makes their simple minds make sense.
    Conned in 74 with lies and refused to learn or question the morphing into the EU.
    I can only conclude that some folks enjoy being an ostrich as they didn't even come out in force to defend their corner.
    All they have done since is cry and squeal.

One thing is for sure, nothing will ever be the same again. The ones that said "enough" and voted against the super state con, have told the politicians it will not be walk in the park anymore. STOP LYING and do your jobs for the population and not yourselves.
    The Tories are playing it for a grapple for internal power. Labour loons are doing it to get the left into power, and cannot even give you a credible answer. The Lib dims never learn, even when the electorate decimates them.

A Line is drawn in the sand. A decision was made, now being spineless goons and get the best job done. It will bite you in the arse come election time if you do not. Playing poker isn't about chucking your cards in when someone gives you a dirty look.
    I honestly can’t understand how a grown man can type those words, a ranting word salad of meaninglessness, and post “reply” on a public forum. I’m embarrassed for you Thicky.

I’ll be down in London on the 20th for the People’s Vote March. Hope there’ll be a few other Notts fans there.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 07-10-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Why not focus on the issues like trade, distribution of wealth and regulations?
    Hi Driller - can you, or anyone explain how the EU has distributed wealth to the benefit of anyone but the already wealthy? How is inequality after 40+ years of the EU? Either within or between countries. What mechanism does the EU have to address the balance? Do you think there is any hope of any rich country giving up any of its advantages to a poorer one to help build a better, fairer EU. Beneath the veneer of 'a European community' its all for one with the rich doing pretty damn fine.

Apologies - a lot of Qs for a Sunday morning, but I think that a lot of claims are made for the EU which simply don't stand up to scrutiny.
    Last edited by HaylePie; 07-10-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Snobhead 2
    The most effective propagandists of the "European ideal" have not been the far right, but an insufferably patrician class for whom metropolitan London is the United Kingdom. Its leading members see themselves as liberal, enlightened, cultivated tribunes of the 21st century zeitgeist, even "cool". What they really are is a bourgeoisie with insatiable consumerist tastes and ancient instincts of their own superiority. In their house paper, the Guardian, they have gloated, day after day, at those who would even consider the EU profoundly undemocratic, a source of social injustice and a virulent extremism known as "neoliberalism".

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Hi Driller - can you, or anyone explain how the EU has distributed wealth to the benefit of anyone but the already wealthy? How is inequality after 40+ years of the EU? Either within or between countries. What mechanism does the EU have to address the balance? Do you think there is any hope of any rich country giving up any of its advantages to a poorer one to help build a better, fairer EU. Beneath the veneer of 'a European community' its all for one with the rich doing pretty damn fine.

Apologies - a lot of Qs for a Sunday morning, but I think that a lot of claims are made for the EU which simply don't stand up to scrutiny.
    Inequality between countries has been reduced dramatically if you look at the funds made available for infrastructure projects in Eastern Europe.

Inequality within a country has more to do with national government seeing as national governments set national tax and spending policies, but you're right it has increased since the beginning of neo liberal economics in the late 70s early 80s, not just in the EU but all over the world.

Can you explain how inequality will get better outside of the EU?

No worries Mr Serious, to be fair you didn't reply to my post but I thought it was addressed to me.

Anyway I'm up for the 20 pounds charity bet on Trump losing control of the House, do we have a deal?
    Good lad ..... the answer is yes we have a deal. We can arrange how the payments are passed over once the result is known. O.K?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Good lad ..... the answer is yes we have a deal. We can arrange how the payments are passed over once the result is known. O.K?
    No problem, if you win you can post your designated charity on here and I'll post a photo of the receipt for a 20 quid donation, and vice versa.

Can you explain how inequality will get better outside of the EU?
    Vote Corbyn!

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Vote Corbyn!
    Well yes, but if this board is anything to go by, Brexiters are generally pro-Trump and anti-Corbyn, (basically you and Bohinen vs everyone else) so that might not work out as you planned.

Well yes, but if this board is anything to go by, Brexiters are generally pro-Trump and anti-Corbyn, (basically you and Bohinen vs everyone else) so that might not work out as you planned.
    Pro-Trump? Never in a million years. Anti-Corbyn (and the people who pull his strings) absolutely. Anti-Labour? No.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Pro-Trump? Never in a million years. Anti-Corbyn (and the people who pull his strings) absolutely. Anti-Labour? No.
    Ok so presumably you're in favour of higher taxes and public spending but don't like Corbyn's stance on immigration, armed forces, social issues etc?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast