+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Firstly let’s look at the simple question that was asked back in 2016 to remind ourselves what it was;

“Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union.
    And that simple question shows the utter f@cking stupidity of holding this vote in the first place. Back then nobody knew what 'leaving' really meant, and more than two years on we are still no clearer. The sensible option would have been to hold a second vote once the deal was finalised but that wasn't an option, so we are now left with little more than damage limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And that simple question shows the utter f@cking stupidity of holding this vote in the first place. Back then nobody knew what 'leaving' really meant....
    I think a lot of people knew what would happen before the date of withdrawal and hence the mess we are in at the moment. Bullying, forecasts of doom and despair, threat and disdain. All aimed at making the UK an example to those other countries thinking of getting out. The EU would quite happily see us on our knees to achieve their aim. Quite surprising how we seem to be spineless and dependent on a corrupt regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And that simple question shows the utter f@cking stupidity of holding this vote in the first place. Back then nobody knew what 'leaving' really meant, and more than two years on we are still no clearer. The sensible option would have been to hold a second vote once the deal was finalised but that wasn't an option, so we are now left with little more than damage limitation.
    But we all knew what Maatstricht meant and we all had a say in that, didn't we. Well we had a referendum in 1975 and it was all clearly explained then wasn't it. What a tangled web we wove and it will take some discomfort to free ourselves from it. I prefer plasters to be removed quickly, sharp pain and done with. Time to play really hard ball - the EUSSR want our money, let them do some dancing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I think a lot of people knew what would happen before the date of withdrawal and hence the mess we are in at the moment. Bullying, forecasts of doom and despair, threat and disdain. All aimed at making the UK an example to those other countries thinking of getting out. The EU would quite happily see us on our knees to achieve their aim. Quite surprising how we seem to be spineless and dependent on a corrupt regime.
    In what way is it “corrupt” ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It's very hard to trust anything a politician says, regarding staying in the EU. The public have been lied to for over 40 years and truth buried whilst the UK became entwined in the web of globalization.
    In all this time, we had one vote about remaining in the EU and no facts/truths were passed on to the public then. In fact they were buried by the elite and we have been treated like mushrooms ever since.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...British-public

So is it any surprise, that now the public has lashed out, these same people are spitting out any old drivel to continue scaring you?
    Doom and gloom goes both ways. The EU utopia isn't looking so wonderful either.
    Of course, it's only those who want to remain who can't be trusted! Unbelievable.

I seem to remember a bus with a slogan on the side which inferred that the NHS would be better off by £350m a week.

Within hours we were being told that it was not necessarily the case and they shouldn't have said it!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    And also the Remainers who have seen the light?
    Sorry - yes of course!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I would guess the answer to that question is the result would be different and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

In my opinion the public were not qualified to deal with something of this magnitude as the more you hear about Brexit the more confusing it gets !
    You've totally missed the point!

I was saying that if Brexit will be so wonderful, Leave would win by a much bigger margin, not that it would be a different result.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s all very simple. Despite claims at the time, the 1975 referendum was overturned by the one in 2016, and that one will probably be overturned by a People’s Referendum in 2019, particularly in the light of increasing evidence of Russian interference.

The govt’s negotiating hand has always been terminally weakened by their own figures which tell us no deal will be an economic disaster, as well as the Northern Ireland situation, and many of the deal scenarios aren’t much better. Lots of people don’t seem to want to avail themselves of actual facts.
    That's probably because at the moment there are no actual facts only opinions of people depending on which way they voted. You like everyone else don't no what any final deal will incur, or if there will be a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Time to play really hard ball - the EUSSR want our money, let them do some dancing for it.
    And we of course don't need them at all, because we're the Brits. I'm pretty sure we'll be the ones doing the dancing, maybe Mrs May's entrance to the Tory conference was just her getting in a bit of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Of course, it's only those who want to remain who can't be trusted! Unbelievable.

I seem to remember a bus with a slogan on the side which inferred that the NHS would be better off by £350m a week.

Within hours we were being told that it was not necessarily the case and they shouldn't have said it!
    Totally side stepped what I said.
    It has been since proven that the British public was lied to and conned as what the common market vote really was. Heath even buried it in the official secrets archives.
    Elements of the ruling elite knew where this was heading 40 years ago, but chose to con everyone and not give you any "facts" then either. The same rhetoric is being repeated.

If you was one of those stupid enough to not read that slogan correctly, then god help you.
    It never said, the NHS was getting anything. It highlighted what £350 a week could be spent on, rather than lining pockets of a secret society.

Perhaps you are watching Question time now? All I am seeing is one "peoples poet" screaming immigration is all about xenophobia.
    Total arse hole, who certain people are afraid to challenge, incase they come into his firing line, of "racist".
    Obviously there is a hard core here, that doesn't have a tube of glue, of why folks rejected immigration free for alls.
    Too late, genies out the bottle now.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast