+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

Like many mid-week games it comes when I'm at work so I didn't have much time to follow this one although it seems we did a good job with a depleted team. 3 points would have been good but 1 is better than 0 my old maths teacher taught me.

I do believe we may have now gone 900 minutes without scoring a goal from open play. Maybe we'll get 6 on Saturday

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-10-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Could have should have. That’s what the headlines should read in the Advertiser on Friday.

This game could have finished 5-3 and there would have been no complaints. Poor reffing and it all came to life in the second half.

Smudge should have bagged at least a brace. How did he miss that header?

Most pleasing thing was that it wasn’t a defeat and a point gained from those below us who lost last night and tonight.
    What we should be doing though is taking all three points against a team who were ineffective up to where he made a double substitution then they woke up.

A thread bare side for us with a weak bench could have gone against us, but to a man they held their own so a big well done.

You shouldn’t have to criticise a player but, can someone tell me what Forde brings to our team? Warne might as well as left Newell on even though he was running st 50%. At least you’d have got something out of him.

All the defence superb. Missed Towell in midfield for a bit of creativity but we deserved to win. They had no answer to Smithy who ran his socks off up front. If he could score goals he would be worth millions. A decent point though with half a team out against 10th place. We just seem to have arrived in this division now and no longer look like the pushovers we were in the past.

The ref? They never change do they...

Well done lads and up the millers

So proud of the millers tonight. I don't think I have ever seen a Millers side work so hard as they have done in the last two games. Warnie and every player...and I mean every player, is sweating blood for the cause.

Slight criticism....could Tony Stewart give a little bit more? I know he has made this club of ours but has he given it everything he can to support Warnie?

Another couple of injuries and we are in trouble.

C'mon Tony, sweat blood for the club and give Warnie a couple of million and we will stay up this year.

At half time I said to my lad that I thought we'd actually done a team on the possession stats for once. We just seemed to have all of the ball, but without looking overly dangerous.

Hardworking performance and max effort as always, quality wise around the box was awful.

All those shots on target and all of them wasted, this was by far our easiest game so far and we missed out badly

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    So proud of the millers tonight. I don't think I have ever seen a Millers side work so hard as they have done in the last two games. Warnie and every player...and I mean every player, is sweating blood for the cause.

Slight criticism....could Tony Stewart give a little bit more? I know he has made this club of ours but has he given it everything he can to support Warnie?

Another couple of injuries and we are in trouble.

C'mon Tony, sweat blood for the club and give Warnie a couple of million and we will stay up this year.
    Fully endorse this statement from IBS. I will also add a quotation from the film Braveheart with a slight amendment.

A message to TS from the team and the fans and it should read , 'We have blead with Warne, now bleed with us'

Didn't go tonight but from what I heard on the TV and read on here it looks like we were the better team and were unlucky not to win.

For a team suffering with quite a few injuries I would have been happy with a point so I have to say well done to the lads and also a BIG well done to Warny who despite the injuries went for it and played an attacking side.

A very good point all things considered.

UTM!

Both very proud but a bit depressed. So proud at our possession play (in first half especially) and with passing in most areas as well as working hard, keeping the shape and movement between attack to defence and vice versa. Many players showing that they are more than able to compete at this level and growing in confidence in doing so. Very heartening.

But quite depressed as I can't see goals coming from us enough to keep us afloat. Certainly from open play. Smitty is doing amazingly well in nuisance terms and creating space but will struggle to score more than a handful this season, just not an instinctive scorer at this level. And otherwise, despite great interplay in approach, creating room for crosses and players with time on ball to make incisive passes, only a couple of chances are created, and when they are, the players they fall to (Williams, Smith, Newell) just don't have that deadly touch. My feeling is that we will struggle to score more than one in most games, yet find it rare that most decent teams don't score at least one against us. Obviously this = a struggle this season. Hope to god I'm wrong and we start scoring regularly but hard to see for all our great work.

Sorry if this sounds negative. I couldn't be more proud of the lads and think we have an excellent manager. We will at least make a big fight of it this season, and maybe, if the confidence of the players keeps growing, we might start slotting more chances away

You Reds!

Good game from both teams yeah we could have should have but I guess they could say same thing. For me we drew against a decent side.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast