+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

Hi

Brissle fan in peace
    What an atrocious game that was
    It’s a shame that our one and only minibus of 12 fans had to travel that far when we could have watched it on the red button.
    Let’s face it Rotherham were awful as your league position suggests and we were dragged down to your level.
    We should be beating teams like you lot and it’s not fair that our Manager, Joe Pasquale, got booked. He can say what he likes to you northern oiks ya gret big bunch of Yorkshire puddins.

Bonus was that two players out of position were brilliant talking about Williams and Vaulkes both had their best games in Millers shirts, only thing missing was a win.Was hoping that Warney might have brought the young centre forward on ,but on the positive side looks like we are a match for most teams in this league and are improving,just need to get in the safety zone and stay there,plus some good investment in another 3 or 4 players,so come on TS help needed.

I think Tony will likely open the wallet in January window. I think he is an astute business man. He hasn't got where he is by being stupid. If I was in his shoes I would continue doing my due diligence.

I think he probably thought to himself (or even said to Warney) the last time we were here it was a total disaster, Stubbs trashed the budget, you were learning the ropes, we went down, last year you were great, there was an incremental improvement and we got promoted, this year there is more incremental improvement and obviously the team are playing for you and themselves and the club and I couldn't be happier if it continues. So Warney keep it happening until new year and we will get you some extra talent. Prove yourself, prove your team.Then we'll get into it.

We can't deny the desire and he incremental improvements. Now we will see if there will be an incremental improvement in spending so Warney doesn't have to keep going with his hands tied behind his back. I think there will be some decent signings come January and more in Jun/July if we stay up.

Hope I am right

Watch out for the moths!!!
    Last edited by aussiemiller; 04-10-2018 at 08:50 AM.

After 10 min I said to my son that to me it looks like Bristol weren't bothered, they seemed to be ambling around all over the pitch, and then just lumping it long, mainly overhit, and sort of hoping someone would get onto it. I thought they looked strong defensively, which was just as well because if their defence had been as bad as their midfield and attack we'd have had 2 or 3 goals.
    The 2 subs of theirs swung the momentum of the game a little but we stayed positive when we got the ball back and always looked a threat. The best chance fell to them, but credit to Matt Palmer for chasing the ball back, getting it off the line and putting enough pressure on their player to make him hit the post, although even then it looked easier to score.
    I thought the shot of theirs that hit the bar late on was in, when it left his foot, as I was down near the away end, and I also thought Rodak was a lucky boy with the last touch of the match, when it looked like the ball was coming through to him, but it held up and he just managed to grab it as their player chased it down but as he caught it, he put his foot straight into their players stomach. I looked at ref and liner straight away but neither wanted to know ,fortunately, but for me it was a penalty.
    We would have been very unfortunate if we'd lost that game yesterday, but I'd be worried if I was a bristol fan because unless that performance was the exception and not the rule then I can see me being very interested in their results for the rest of the season. UTM.

Definitely an improvement on the Stubbsy team. At least all the players are trying hard and look like they actually want to play for the Millers. Whether that will be good enough to keep us up only time will tell. Just got to hope that our injury jinx is over soon.

Like I said, Tony Stewart really can't need much more proof that Warney, the staff and the team are up for it. If he has any ambitions for the club the cavalry will be already gathered or on its way. Roll on January. Keep it up lads

Based on that showing, Bristol will be nowhere near top 6 this season. Thought they were very ineffective till the subs came on.

To say that we only had 5 subs, with no game changers on the bench, and a makeshift line-up I thought we played very well.

As has been said above, if we had a real finisher in the team we would have won comfortably.

Williams excellent again, MoM for me though was Mattock.

Thought the big difference last night was that Bristol gave us room to play. We demonstrated that we can play some sort of possession football when the game is less frenetic, so there was a little less hoof ball, particularly in the first half.

You have to admire the collective commitment to the cause. And the levels of fitness. The lack of goals is a concern and demonstrates what your money buys. Finding a lower league player who can get you 15 goals in this div is like looking for a needle in.....But as has been mentioned on numerous posts, we don't have the budget for either purchases or salaries.

We had a whole number of players out through injury, so can't fault the effort and attitude and on balance, we should have won. For once, we had the majority possession, and actually attacked more (I wonder if that was to do with our defensive weakness, that we couldn't risk a team constantly coming at us, we had to cause more defensive worries for them ).
    We do need more goals from somewhere. Smith for all his efforts has only one goal this season, and such as Williams,Taylor, Proctor, Newell,Towell, Vassell etc have 1 or none. Excluding cup games, the top scorer is actually Manning with 2 penalties.
    Last edited by brassgnat; 04-10-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Flourbasher is one of our own Ronners! A good reply though if it had been a Brissle troll.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast