+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to think

Champs.. How did the Rovers fans around you react? Was it taken the right way, realistic? Or was there the overreaction I'd fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Champs.. How did the Rovers fans around you react? Was it taken the right way, realistic? Or was there the overreaction I'd fear?
    Fair I'd say. I'm not just saying that. We all saw the same thing. A very good side on the night made us look pretty poor. Out concern is we are heavily reliant on Dack. Who wint di it every match. They are ahead of us, and we know that we will learn and get better. Everyone around Ewood is 100% behind the manager. And accepts the fact we are a young side, new the Champ who will lose sometimes. Anyone who has been to the games knows exactly when we have performed extremely well. In 75% of the games, we have been that way. 25% needs improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Petulant child,idiot now come on champs that is a bit far,like you have been towards any negativity
    As I have said before on here in regards to defeat I react better by taking a negative slant
    The kean years and the majority of idiots that followed allowed me to react better to defeat,a more meh if you like.
    I got swept up and regretted it
    A good performance and was robbed by a class goal by villa,a brilliant rope a dope performance against derby and the incredible roller coaster ride against stoke.
    Against forest we were also robbed thanks to a idiot referee so I honestly thought we could get a result but sadly the performance merited the result.
    Yes I overreacted because my expectations were raised but ultimately we are where I expect us to finish.
    Fair enough mate and I take that back.....I know we all see things different and take it different.

All I will say on this is, I have been to most of these games over the past year .....last night Sheff Utd where an excellent unit. No individual brilliance, but a team ethic, formation and mindset that where much better than Villa, Forest etc. And I think they just made us look bad. I'd say they looked a side who where exactly 12 months ahead of where we want to be, and are heading. Fair play to them, they desveredly ended a very long unbeaten home run. You will get days like this, they did last season.

'You will get days like this, they did last season'

I think you can get games like this even if you are a promotion contender at this level..

I think you can get games like this even if you are a promotion contender at this level..
    I'm struggling mate. As I just think you are trying wind me up and provoke a reaction.

I'd rather just post freely

That's exactly why nobody is freaking out, or wanting to sack the manager and return to the dark days of Allardyce.
    The feel good factor at Rovers is back with the hardcore 12,000 that still attend. And the feeling we all have now, which is also realistic, hasn't been at Ewood since the early days of Hughes. Way way way before Allardyce. Things had gone down hill way before his arrival. All he did was stop a sinking ship after Ince, and kept us hovering just above the drop zone. Not one fan I speak to, has fond memories of that time. That's all he can do, stop a side going down and just about keep them afloat. He will never push you onto the next level.
    Hughes? Yes, very much so.

Allardyce would not be able to run the club like TM has taken control. You look purley on the pitch, but at our club now is about the club. The community, the fans and uniting everything. Building a side for the next few years, while keeping us competitive on the pitch. This season was always about bedding in, and building from their.

You would have to have patience, you would have to have a bit of foresight, and know about football to understand and see whats happening. And it takes a certain type of man, with integrity to lead that. Stand up and make those bold decisions.

A crook, who blew his one and only chance with England, by being a a man without intregrity is NOT the person to take us forward. But then its not even up for conversation. Other than you (I don't read BRFC's which is you x100) I haven't heard this, so its a mute point.

We are absolutely fine as we are. And happy.

Isn't Sean Dyche Jabba the hut in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Isn't Sean Dyche Jabba the hut in disguise?

Dyche doesn't need to spend huge amounts to not bother playing football. That's the main difference. The two adopt similar non footballing sides. But Dyche is no risk.
    Once Allardyce leaves your club, you are left with a real mess. He spends millions on ageing players to plug gaps. Most clubs he has left, have been left in a mess.
    If Dyche did leave Burnley they would be a much better and stronger club than what he found. And he has made some board members into very rich people. Sad it doesn't end up back in Burnley Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'm struggling mate. As I just think you are trying wind me up and provoke a reaction.

I'd rather just post freely
    I'm confused as I'm agreeing with your stance.. The wind up has ended.

One problem with your general statements here, though, Champs - you didn't apply that sort of balance in your posts about Burnley. You said they were doomed, dead and buried.
    I drew your attention at the time to what Dyche said - that sometimes a team has to bottom out, get a bit of luck and then start to emerge from the depths. That might well be what has happened.
    The same with Ipswich. Apparently, they were battered yesterday, but won 3-2. That might change their season.
    With us, you have been saying we could be top, except for a few moments of bad luck. But don't you think most of the teams in the top half will have had similar moments that will have cost them points? You can't be too one-eyed. Millwall were all over us for 20 minutes and could have been three-up.
    In some posts, you are describing realistic assessments as "negativity", and you seem to be pulling people up for perfectly fair comments about individual or collective failings in the team.
    I don't think a prediction of four****th is, in some way, putting the team down at all. As Alf said, this is an excellent Division to be in because it's so up-and-down, with lots of open games: Preston v. Wigan? 4-0? Seriously?
    I haven't had a chance to watch a replay of the Bolton game yet, but it seems to have been a "win ugly" affair. That will do me occasionally - alongside unlucky draws, playing good football.
    I'm still going for W-14; D-18; L-14. That will keep me quite happy and I don't think it's negativity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)