+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to think

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    One problem with your general statements here, though, Champs - you didn't apply that sort of balance in your posts about Burnley. You said they were doomed, dead and buried.
    I drew your attention at the time to what Dyche said - that sometimes a team has to bottom out, get a bit of luck and then start to emerge from the depths. That might well be what has happened.
    The same with Ipswich. Apparently, they were battered yesterday, but won 3-2. That might change their season.
    With us, you have been saying we could be top, except for a few moments of bad luck. But don't you think most of the teams in the top half will have had similar moments that will have cost them points? You can't be too one-eyed. Millwall were all over us for 20 minutes and could have been three-up.
    In some posts, you are describing realistic assessments as "negativity", and you seem to be pulling people up for perfectly fair comments about individual or collective failings in the team.
    I don't think a prediction of four****th is, in some way, putting the team down at all. As Alf said, this is an excellent Division to be in because it's so up-and-down, with lots of open games: Preston v. Wigan? 4-0? Seriously?
    I haven't had a chance to watch a replay of the Bolton game yet, but it seems to have been a "win ugly" affair. That will do me occasionally - alongside unlucky draws, playing good football.
    I'm still going for W-14; D-18; L-14. That will keep me quite happy and I don't think it's negativity.
    Two things.

The comment in the first place was tongue in cheek.

And....

They drew at home with Hudds Town. A woefully poor side. For anyone getting excited and believing they are any good because they beat Cardiff (another woefully poor side) that performance was quite poor. By all accounts it was yesterday. I think they played ok in one game vrs Bournemouth. Every other game they have lost, apart from an opening day nil nil draw. I'll stick with what I see myself. A very poor side.

If they managed to stay up, it's a reflection of how more the standard is below mid table. They are no better than us.

And you won't hear from Alf after such a crap game and poor result.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    One problem with your general statements here, though, Champs - you didn't apply that sort of balance in your posts about Burnley. You said they were doomed, dead and buried.
    I drew your attention at the time to what Dyche said - that sometimes a team has to bottom out, get a bit of luck and then start to emerge from the depths. That might well be what has happened.
    The same with Ipswich. Apparently, they were battered yesterday, but won 3-2. That might change their season.
    With us, you have been saying we could be top, except for a few moments of bad luck. But don't you think most of the teams in the top half will have had similar moments that will have cost them points? You can't be too one-eyed. Millwall were all over us for 20 minutes and could have been three-up.
    In some posts, you are describing realistic assessments as "negativity", and you seem to be pulling people up for perfectly fair comments about individual or collective failings in the team.
    I don't think a prediction of four****th is, in some way, putting the team down at all. As Alf said, this is an excellent Division to be in because it's so up-and-down, with lots of open games: Preston v. Wigan? 4-0? Seriously?
    I haven't had a chance to watch a replay of the Bolton game yet, but it seems to have been a "win ugly" affair. That will do me occasionally - alongside unlucky draws, playing good football.
    I'm still going for W-14; D-18; L-14. That will keep me quite happy and I don't think it's negativity.
    After the Sheff Utd game what followed was the normal out pour of negativity. Saxo thought it was time to sack Mowbray. No too. For sentimentality in football he said.

Robin was fuming because he feels that we should be beating the likes of Sheff Utd (top of the league Sheff Utd) because of previous let downs under Steve Kean.

I just try stick up for my side when I think people are talking rubbish or being unfair.

Outside the play offs on goal difference. We are there on merit. Despite the absolute crap talked. And I for one have gotten past the point of being bored by it

I'd love to hear a fair assessment of the game I went to yesterday.
    Robin has put one on.

If only one person other than me can do one when we don't get all 3 points would be great, and balanced. Then I'm not completely on my own. And don't have to sit and read the negative rubbish that was posted after the two defeats this season. As I say, for me it's boring.

I've said more than enough about all this it won't change

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    After the Sheff Utd game what followed was the normal out pour of negativity. Saxo thought it was time to sack Mowbray. No too. For sentimentality in football he said.

Robin was fuming because he feels that we should be beating the likes of Sheff Utd (top of the league Sheff Utd) because of previous let downs under Steve Kean.

I just try stick up for my side when I think people are talking rubbish or being unfair.

Outside the play offs on goal difference. We are there on merit. Despite the absolute crap talked. And I for one have gotten past the point of being bored by it
    But I've never seen anyone say we are NOT in our current position on merit. You sometimes seem to be arguing against imaginary enemies.
    My take is that this is a very even division. and I think we are about middling for it. You can't just talk about OUR missed chances and bits of bad luck as if no other team has had them. We could lose two now and shoot downwards, or win two and be in the top four. That's the nature of the Championship.
    I'm just not sure why it's wrong in your eyes to mention any negative features. Surely that's what fans do after a football match: "So-and-so played well; Player B had a stinker; we didn't look comfortable with three at the back", etc, etc.
    I'm very happy with our season so far, but we have been far from brilliant in most matches - just as I expected at our current stage of development.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I wasn't serious champs, I've said that twice now. I did it because you believe that's what I think no matter what I post.

I'll post flattering comments about TM and Rovers, and you won't believe me anyway, so what's the point?

You are being a hypocrite too, as when Sam was in charge, you'd have it that nothing good happened with him as our manager. Just because TM suits you, its now totally the opposite.

Champs you do tend to put a spin on things from other posters
    I was angry we lost but down to the way we performed not because of who they are and Steve kean
    I mentioned Steve kean and the managers that followed allowed me to get over bad results.
    Saxo was tongue in cheek with his post
    Anyone can see we are heading in the right direction but rome wasn't built in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Champs you do tend to put a spin on things from other posters
    I was angry we lost but down to the way we performed not because of who they are and Steve kean
    I mentioned Steve kean and the managers that followed allowed me to get over bad results.
    Saxo was tongue in cheek with his post
    Anyone can see we are heading in the right direction but rome wasn't built in a day.

But you and Saxo did react poorly last week when we lost a game of football. You can explain the numerous reasons. I can see that.

But I wasn't incorrect. You did over-react.

I am not really putting a spin on anything

I just feel I am the only one saying, we will lose sometimes. For us its very very very few and far between. But on the odd occasion, we get a bad result, is it not fair to ask for a tiny bit of patience.

Its football, sometimes things don't go your way.

Purley on the fact we have come so far, so quick, and are doing so well, I nievely thought we would offer support like most fans do, when things don't always go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    You are being a hypocrite too, as when Sam was in charge, you'd have it that nothing good happened with him as our manager. Just because TM suits you, its now totally the opposite.

It's irrelevant what I think about the boss.
    Its a question of does he suit our club, and that would be a resounding YES.

It can be easily forgotten exactly where were when he took over. If he left tomorrow, he would leave a very good team on the pitch, and a very steady club off it.
    All of that is down to the manager, who has steered us through those difficult times.
    You mate for example, is effective at one thing. Stopping a side going down. You wont progress as a club, you will avoid the drop and tread water.
    He took over Ince, and a side with no confidence, who where bottom. And when he left we were just above the relegation zone. We didnt progress, most fans where completely fed up of his style of play, and crowds had been dipping for over a season. While him leaving hastened our relegation from the Prem (over 12 months later) it was always inevitable we where heading out of that league. I believe that was going to happen regardless of the Venky's. Their mistakes just pushed it through quicker.

The point now is, nobody ever speaks about Venkys. Think about that, and who has influenced all of it.

Its nothing to do with my input, his record on the pitch answers every single question you may have.
    Football being a results business.....you have answered your own question.
    I don't have to defend the boss, because I like a guy with interity. I will just point at his win record.

As I explained I got swept up in the emotion of the 4 games prior to Sheffield United and genuinely thought we would do better
    Certainly performance wise
    Maybe I should of stood back and thought carefully
    I have resorted back to expecting the worst hopeful of better.
    It means I can greet a loss with a shrug of shoulders rather than anger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)